White Screen with grey horizontal lines on S3?

A

AC Question

Hi! I've been experiencing a lot of battery issues from the past few months with my S3. My phone would switch off on its own even whilst charging it. Then I had to use the power off button for it to start. When I would put my phone on, it would show that the battery is charged. Yesterday, I charged my phone 100%, and when I went to unplug it from the charger, I seen it had switched off. So I restarted it again. Then within 10 mins, it went off again! Frustrated, I decided to remove the battery from the phone, and kept it out from the mobile for around 20 mins. Then, when I went to put the battery back, all it showed was a white screen with horizontal lines. How did this happen? And how can this be fixed? I'm worried of the data on the internal memory. Is there any way to recover it? Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'd be concerned that the phone is about to fail completely due to a hardware issue (if it hasn't already). Have you already tried removing the battery and inserting again? Press and hold Power for 10-15 seconds to see if it powers on normally.

In the future, always make a habit of backing up or syncing your important data on a regular basis to something safe, like your computer hard drive or a cloud solution. Phone storage or SD cards don't last forever. And if a phone starts acting up, that may be a red flag that something is about to fail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech