Samsung alarm clock keeps going back to default tone Samsung Galaxy S3

alexhob123

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
Hi whenever I choose an new alarm tone on the pre installed Samsung alarm clock for Samsung Galaxy S3 a few days later it changes back to the default tone (walk in the forest alarm). It sometimes does it when I turn my phone off and have to turn it back on again or when the battery has ran out and I have to charge it up again then turn it back on or when a message pops up saying that an app has stopped working.sIs there are way to stop this from happening as I always have to change the ringtone everytime it happens and I just want it to be the ringtone I have chosen and not the default one thanks.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Is your alarm sound stored in SD Card? If so, that might be why it's reverting to the standard sound when it can't find the SD card.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
But my SD card is in the back off my phone so it is showing it

Yeah, but at boot when the card is unmounted (or if the card is failing and it unmounts/mounts itself), the system 'loses' the files on SD Card so it resets itself back to the default sounds. When your card re-mounts, since the system already replaced those with the default sounds, it's no longer looking for the sounds there.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
No problem! For the time being save your Alarm sound in internal memory and keep an eye out for SD Card errors; if that's happening your card might be failing or getting corrupt.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, but if you select the sound from the SD card again, if it unmounts itself or at boot, your alarm sound will revert to the default one. If you save the sound in internal memory you should avoid that issue. And now it's just a matter of seeing if you have any other 'bugs' with SD Card contents like corrupt pictures or disappearing apps/media. From personal experience, SD Cards are not very reliable and especially Samsung phones (at least the ones I've owned) seem to have a tendency for frying/damaging cards.

alexhob123

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
I have moved the sound into the ringtones folder of internal memory and its just changed back to the default sound so there must be something wrong with the sd card or something else