Samsung Galaxy s3 won't save photos/videos or open photos/videos in editing apps?

A

AC Question

Before you tell me this is an SD card issue, read this, done that. I bought the phone as a temporary replacement for my other Samsung which is going to be in the repair process for a long time. However this new phone was working great, I set it up fine, installed my apps, then I went to update contact profile pictures, tried to save them and a few times it said ''download failed'' then ''download paused'' except when you press resume, it never resumes. I then went to my trusty Google photos, where everything from my other phone was backed up onto. I then found the contact photos I was looking for and used the share option. I got something along the lines of ''We could not update this contact''. I should mention before I can continue that I can download stuff only in Google Play.
Out of curiosity, I decided to use the share option on Google Photos with a video and import it into InShot and AndroVid, both giving me the same message something like Storage emulated blah blah blah could not process your request. Note this phone did not come with an SD card, neither did my last s3, it worked just fine without an SD card. I had assumed it came with an SD card, so when I was first researching a couple weeks ago and found a corrupt sd card is the common culprit, I ordered myself 3, two for backup. Well they arrived in the mail, tested one, same result, tested #2 , same result. Surely they can't all be corrupt? They weren't the phone I bought is just a piece of crap. I can scratch SD card off my list. Surely there has to be a solution. If anyone has educated knowledge on this mess, I would appreciate it.

zoeanea

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
Excuse my uneducated self but I have absolutely no idea where to find permissions, I've gone through everything I can think of.