1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    331 Global Posts

Default Galaxy S4 car dock

So is this clamp style really the "official" dock? I wish they would come up with a Qi or three-pin solution. So annoyed that it never properly came out for my Gnex.

Global Posts
    1,674 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

Default Re: Galaxy S4 car dock

That's the one I have. It's more of a universal dock. It seems like Samsung gave up on making individual docks for different phones.

Yeah, I've been looking to for a Samsung version for the s4 to no avail. Closest option I've seen so far is the iBolt version:
    Amazon.com: iBOLT xProDock Active Car Dock/Holder/Mount for Samsung Galaxy S 3, S4 & Note 2. Works with all cases.: Cell Phones & Accessories

Unfortunately, it's not a dedicated Samsung S4 dock, BUT, it does activate vehicle mode and supposedly fits well even with a case on.

I need a windshield mount that had about a 16" neck since my windshield is so deep.
    Haven't found one yet.

Posted via Android Central App

I didn't want to have to mount my phone right in front of where I'm looking on the road (might get distracting), so I picked up the "Arkon SM410 Universal Windshield with Dashboard and Vent Mount".

Amazon.com: ARKON SM410 Travelmount Windshield/Dashboard/Removable Air Vent Mount with Mega: Cell Phones & Accessories

Bought mine in Canada. Just linking to show what it is. No idea how good it is yet... but I considered other car mounts, and I think this one seems to adjust how I need it to (and offers the right kind of room for devices to be plugged in, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by PaulWog View Post
    I didn't want to have to mount my phone right in front of where I'm looking on the road (might get distracting), so I picked up the "Arkon SM410 Universal Windshield with Dashboard and Vent Mount".

Amazon.com: ARKON SM410 Travelmount Windshield/Dashboard/Removable Air Vent Mount with Mega: Cell Phones & Accessories

Bought mine in Canada. Just linking to show what it is. No idea how good it is yet... but I considered other car mounts, and I think this one seems to adjust how I need it to (and offers the right kind of room for devices to be plugged in, etc).
    Lety me know how it fits in the vents (pictures) and if the phone fits.
    My experience is that the vent holder don't fit and too small to hold the phone.

Sent from my amazing Samsung Galaxy S4... there is none better!

Quote Originally Posted by roberts68 View Post
    Lety me know how it fits in the vents (pictures) and if the phone fits.
    My experience is that the vent holder don't fit and too small to hold the phone.

Sent from my amazing Samsung Galaxy S4... there is none better!
    Sure thing. I drive a Hyundai Elentra 2010. I'll let you know how it fits & all that.

Haven't bought the phone yet but a truckie gotta check out mounts first eh! Found this site today and looks like a good mount and not very intrusive. Hope it helps.
    Last edited by johnlral; 07-07-2013 at 02:18 AM. Reason: forgot the link!

You might want to try Proclip.

I used it with my Gnex and now with my S4. Pretty expensive but a perfect fit. They also have some universal holders.

Samsung*Galaxy S4*Phone Holders*-*ProClip USA

no hole for the camera.. I use mine while driving offroad for recdording trails.. other than that it has the integrated power connection like my S2 holder has.. thats what im loooking for still

Quote Originally Posted by johnlral View Post
    Haven't bought the phone yet but a truckie gotta check out mounts first eh! Found this site today and looks like a good mount and not very intrusive. Hope it helps.
    i dont want to have to plug it in, I like my S2 mount with the integrated plug, I slide it in, bingo done

Be carefull with those vent mounts. I have those and it tends to move side to side a lot. What I did was wrap electrical tape around the arms so that they will not spread open and rock side to side.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulWog View Post

The most beautiful and light I've found is the Kenu Airframe Portable Car Mount

Galaxy S4 car dock-kenu-airframe.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ryd0g View Post
    Yeah, I've been looking to for a Samsung version for the s4 to no avail. Closest option I've seen so far is the iBolt version:
    Amazon.com: iBOLT xProDock Active Car Dock/Holder/Mount for Samsung Galaxy S 3, S4 & Note 2. Works with all cases.: Cell Phones & Accessories

Unfortunately, it's not a dedicated Samsung S4 dock, BUT, it does activate vehicle mode and supposedly fits well even with a case on.
    I use the iBolt linked above - it's fantastic.
    -mk