Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By skiner5246
  • 1 Post By Jennifer Stough
  • 1 Post By Joe_Perone
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Wiqiqi Wireless charger for S4

Just returned home from a business trip and was pleasantly surprised that my Wiqiqi Galaxy S4 wireless charging kit had finally arrived! So far I have to say, I'm impressed. I ordered it through the monster watts promotion well over a month ago for $55 delivered. It comes with everything you need but uses the OEM Samsung charging plug. It works nice and charges relatively fast. (For wireless anyway) The nice part is, it even works with a case installed on the phone (Urban Armor Gear) so I can just drop it and go. Also another nice bonus is that it has "power", "charging", and "full" LED status indicators on the bottom of the plate, so you can see if the phones fully charged from a distance.
    -cheers

Last edited by skiner5246; 06-15-2013 at 01:32 AM.
    Thanked by:
    julzberi likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

Default Re: Surprise!

Sweet. That's always a great surprise. I'm glad to see that Samsung is finally sticking to their guns on their promises. They are giving other phone manufacturers a run for their money this season. Oh, and that UAG case looks fly

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
    skiner5246 likes this.

Default Re: Wiqiqi Wireless charger for S4

I just got mine for the s4 but can't understand where to attach the thing that goes on the battery, the instructions were a joke. Do you have a picture of the inside of your phone showing how to put it on or something?

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

I have the flip cover, will this work with it or will it annoyingly pop open from being overstuffed?

I will put one on backorder today if it doesn't cause the stock battery cover or the flip cover to pop off.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Oh yeah, does it work in the car

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Very interested to know what rate this charges the phone.

This widget shows 1900mA when using the stock charger and 640mA on a palm touchstone Inductive charger.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II

Very interesting, do you know if it will work with the OtterBox Defender case?

That case looks badass, I'm so happy it supports wireless charging! I'd keep my phone in that case even away from the charger, because why not?
    skiner5246 likes this.

Joe_Perone, you can get the case separate from the charger, it's not part of the kit. Their website is here:

Thank you for the link

But I probably would buy it with the charger. That looks to be a better value.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Mcniven View Post
    I just got mine for the s4 but can't understand where to attach the thing that goes on the battery, the instructions were a joke. Do you have a picture of the inside of your phone showing how to put it on or something?
    Randy sorry for the delay. Here's the vid on it. (I had to watch it a couple times myself to put the charging pack on the battery correctly)
    good luck

Can anyone answer the question as to what the rate of charge is using this?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 on AT&T

I bought one of the WiQiQi chargers about a month ago and I have nothing but good things to say about it. It may cause a slight bulge on the stock battery cover, but nothing really noticeable. It should be fine with the OEM flip cover/case.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by illwood View Post
    I bought one of the WiQiQi chargers about a month ago and I have nothing but good things to say about it. It may cause a slight bulge on the stock battery cover, but nothing really noticeable. It should be fine with the OEM flip cover/case.

Posted via Android Central App
    Which one did you get? Can you post a link?

Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Which one did you get? Can you post a link?

Here is where I bought mine. IIRC they do PayPal only.

I'm actually planning on buying another one from them soon for my wife's S4.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 4

Oh I see. That's nice. I have the coil that goes with the palm touchstone since I have 3 of them. I'd consider the wiqiqi standard if anyone could verify the charge rate. From what I understand both palm and wiqiqi are 650mA.

My wife has one and yes it works well with the Defender Case

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

I bought one of these charging systems a couple of weeks ago. I was happy with the product but I've started noticing some problems.
    1. the fully charged light on the charging base never lights up when the phone is charged.
    2. sometimes the phone will connect and disconnect while charging, and my case is the thin Speck case. I also have 2 bases, one for work and one for home, both issues happen on both chargers.
    3. when I'm in the car I will get an incompatible charger error, sometimes it charges sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't charge it will actually give me an error and then say the phone is not charging. It's like I hooked it up to a bad charger or something.
    I took the qiqi charger out of the phone turned the phone on and checked all the chargers that were giving me the problem and the phone charged fine. I then put the qiqi charger back in the phone and everything still functioned like it should. I have gotten a couple of incompatible charging errors but the phone still charges. Most of the errors happen with the car charger but not always, it will happen with the regular Samsung wall charger that came with the phone.

Has anyone else seen any of these issues with their charging system?

I also have 2 WiQiQi kits and have the same issues you describe in #1 and #2. I have never gotten #3, but don't use it in the car.
    #1: I only see the 'Full' LED blink a few times when giving the charger power, never when the phone is full or any other time.
    #2: In my experience this only happens when the phone is at 100%, and then some event happens to drop the phone slightly below 100%, such as the vibration motor engaging for an alert or some app doing something that uses a lot of CPU. Very annoying, since the phone chimes when "disconnecting" from the charger and then "reconnecting" again. I emailed the vendor about this and they said a small % of the chargers have this issue, however in my case I'm pretty certain the charger is just not holding the phone at full charge like a USB charger does.

FWIW I'm using my S4 with the Hyperion EA TPU case.

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smallgarage View Post
    I also have 2 WiQiQi kits and have the same issues you describe in #1 and #2. I have never gotten #3, but don't use it in the car.
    #1: I only see the 'Full' LED blink a few times when giving the charger power, never when the phone is full or any other time.
    #2: In my experience this only happens when the phone is at 100%, and then some event happens to drop the phone slightly below 100%, such as the vibration motor engaging for an alert or some app doing something that uses a lot of CPU. Very annoying, since the phone chimes when "disconnecting" from the charger and then "reconnecting" again. I emailed the vendor about this and they said a small % of the chargers have this issue, however in my case I'm pretty certain the charger is just not holding the phone at full charge like a USB charger does.

FWIW I'm using my S4 with the Hyperion EA TPU case.
    Do you have problems with the phone discharging faster with the WiQiQi installed? I also get the incompatible charging now every once in a while with my Samsung cord charger. Tomorrow I'm taking out the internal charger and I'm going to see if the phone lasts longer without it. Right now it seems like the battery dies way too fast and I didn't used to have this problem before I started using the charger.

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

I'm also going to call them tomorrow as well, just putting that out there.