Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S4 extended battery

I wanted to know if there was a bigger battery for the galaxy's s4 that is the same size as the original one so I can still have a case in my device.

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-16-2014 at 12:51 PM.

Default Re: Galaxy s4 extended battery

I have an extended battery but their arent any cases for it except one. The bigger the battery people the least chances you have of finding a case. Maybe try looking looking for a leather hip holster that hooks on your belt to compensate the size!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRock5tar View Post
    I have an extended battery but their arent any cases for it except one. The bigger the battery people the least chances you have of finding a case. Maybe try looking looking for a leather hip holster that hooks on your belt to compensate the size!
    I want a bigger battery that's the same dimensions as the original so I can use the case I have now.

Probably not gonna happen!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

Any one find a case that works with the extended battery

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

A company called Seidio (Seidio.com) has both....Ah, however, I am still analyzing the battery to really see if I am getting additional tread from my GS4.

http://www.seidioonline.com/galaxy-s...-p/bacy45ssgs4

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Future View Post
    I want a bigger battery that's the same dimensions as the original so I can use the case I have now.

More capacity requires more physical space for lithium ion batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by methree View Post
    More capacity requires more physical space for lithium ion batteries.
    Not always.. I've seen 4000mAh batteries for the Note 2, that don't increase the size.

Tapped from my Nexus 10.1

MPJ 3500mAh Battery for Samsung Galaxy S4 SIV I9500 I545 I337 L720 R970 M919 | eBay

Same dimensions as original battery but is 3500mAh, as compared to 2600mAh from the stock battery. Stock cover will work.

Quote Originally Posted by markw5586 View Post
    MPJ 3500mAh Battery for Samsung Galaxy S4 SIV I9500 I545 I337 L720 R970 M919 | eBay

Same dimensions as original battery but is 3500mAh, as compared to 2600mAh from the stock battery. Stock cover will work.
    Interesting... Might order this. Thanks for the link!

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Exynos

Extended Battery for Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500

Here is the link to their website if your not a fan of ebay, but it costs a little more.

I'd be highly suspect of their claims of rated capacity. A lot of no name extended batteries inflate the rated capacity (especially on one that says it is rated for 900mAh more than OEM and isn't any bigger). You are taking a gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    I'd be highly suspect of their claims of rated capacity. A lot of no name extended batteries inflate the rated capacity (especially on one that says it is rated for 900mAh more than OEM and isn't any bigger). You are taking a gamble.
    Possibly, and I cant guaranty that it is genuine, but its worth a try if someone wants to take the chance.

This doesn't have NFC though

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Exynos via Tapatalk 4... I LOVE THIS PHONE
    - Using the Galaxy S5! -

Niteize has clip case that is elastic...works like a charm....sold out at the moment

On other devices, I have purchased extended batteries that were terrific, and ones that did nothing. I would urge anyone who takes the gamble and buys one of these to report back after you can tell how well it works.

Tia

Did you end up ordering this? If so, how'd it go?

I don't know if anyone else got one but mine should be showing up later this week, I'll check it out for myself.

Ok, just a quick update, I got this battery in today, it is NOT the same size. It's very close, but it's an extremely tight fit into the battery bay. That's probably how they got the extra capacity in, by literally taking up every nanometer of the battery bay that they could, it's almost too big to fit, and you have to shove it in firmly. It's heavier/denser than the OEM battery, so I completely believe that it would be higher capacity.

I'm currently charging the battery, I think 2600 mAh is hard-coded into the OS though, it's still showing as that. Have to see if it drains slower according to my 3rd party utilities.

try the zerolemon galaxy s4 3000mah battery. Same dimensions but bigger capacity great price too

Thanks for your link, you helped get right to my target
    Anyhow, I have a problem. I`m living in Europe, so basically International I9500 and I9505 will fit my need, but how would I know my S4 mini is included in these standards?

Quote Originally Posted by matt9yankeefan View Post
    try the zerolemon galaxy s4 3000mah battery. Same dimensions but bigger capacity great price too
    Is this safe for phone lifetime?

After 5-6 cycles initially, is it still required to charge using external charger (can I charge using Sammy original charger)?

Sent from Galaxy S4 via Android Central App

Default Re: Galaxy S4 extended battery

Quote Originally Posted by Winanto Wins View Post
    Is this safe for phone lifetime?

After 5-6 cycles initially, is it still required to charge using external charger (can I charge using Sammy original charger)?

Sent from Galaxy S4 via Android Central App
    It`s safe and comfortable! Give it a try!
    As far as I can remeber, you can use your original charger

Default Re: Galaxy S4 extended battery

Im not sure about it , but I think that YooBao making those bigger batteries with special cases ..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast