Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default ZeroLemon 7500mah battery - any problems?

I have just seen the zerolemon extended battery and at 7500mah, it is very tempting but how good are they. I have a few specific questions

1. Does the nfc work as well as the stock battery?
    2. how is the charge time - I am presuming that it takes alot longer than the stock battery but is it 3 times as long or more?
    3. does having a larger battery cause issues with charging (is the phone setup to charge the 2600 battery and wont charge the big one properly? - not sure how the charger works - was thinking if it measures that 2650mah capacity has been reached and doesnt charge the rest? etc)
    4. Is it a lower quality battery - is the lifespan likely to be less than a samsung stock battery
    5. What is the case back that comes with the battery like?

Global Posts
    1,991 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 5.1 Lollipop

Default Re: ZeroLemon 7500mah battery - any problems?

Here are a couple video reviews:

Video 1:

Video 2:
    7500mah Worlds Largest Samsung Galaxy S4 Extended Battery By - Android Guide

Quote Originally Posted by nickthorley View Post
    I have just seen the zerolemon extended battery and at 7500mah, it is very tempting but how good are they. I have a few specific questions

2. how is the charge time - I am presuming that it takes alot longer than the stock battery but is it 3 times as long or more?
    3. does having a larger battery cause issues with charging (is the phone setup to charge the 2600 battery and wont charge the big one properly? - not sure how the charger works - was thinking if it measures that 2650mah capacity has been reached and doesnt charge the rest? etc)
    4. Is it a lower quality battery - is the lifespan likely to be less than a samsung stock battery
    Current Device: Nexus 6 & Nexus Player

Current Carrier: Sprint

I received mine last week and so far love it. Yes, charging time does take longer but I'm not sure how long. The case it comes with fits the phone very snug and is very well made.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Dont suppose you use your phone with a dock do you. I have always had my iphone in case and feel like I have missed out on docks and the "naked" feel. Hence I said once I get my S4 that I woudl leave it uncased and get a leather sleeve. However with this batery and the expended case around it, I would effectively have a case and didnt want to be stuck not being able to use many docks

well i've had this battery for couple weeks now and haven't let me down you....after heavy use it still goes for at least 2 days

Here is my review:

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by nickthorley View Post

Zerolemon external battery is a flexible one. You can charge 1h and you are ready to use your phone for 2 days, using wifi or downloading things.
    Since you have at your disposal more than 100 days of warranty, you will have plenty of time to see all its features
    Usually Zerolemon provides cases for its battery models, so the global cost on battery and case will be reduced.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

I've had mine for several months now. I haven't had any issues with it.

I do not use NFC though so in regards to it being compatible with ZeroLemon, I haven't a clue. From the looks of it, you get the original battery with two slightly larger batteries, all wrapped together. From being empty: the charging light will switch to green the same time as the original battery, but you have to let it run longer to charge the additional two batteries I mentioned earlier. Exact charge time, I'm not positive on but I would say overall is just a little over 3x times.

I purchased the white one, as I have a white S4. Might I suggest not buying the white one, unless you have a way to clean the rubber case completely. It's a dirt and grime magnet and I have never been able to bring it back to white.

Speaker ports. Some dirt and dust gathers inside the little grill cover that goes over the bottom to allow the sound to come out. Same goes to the charge port. Nothing serious, just take the case off and use your shirt or some other cloth to clean the bare back of the phone. I haven't had any issues with sound being distorted or anything.

I like it, given am.opportunity to buy it again, I'd go with the black.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by IAMHADE5 View Post
    I've had mine for several months now. I haven't had any issues with it.

I do not use NFC though so in regards to it being compatible with ZeroLemon, I haven't a clue. From the looks of it, you get the original battery with two slightly larger batteries, all wrapped together. From being empty: the charging light will switch to green the same time as the original battery, but you have to let it run longer to charge the additional two batteries I mentioned earlier. Exact charge time, I'm not positive on but I would say overall is just a little over 3x times.

I purchased the white one, as I have a white S4. Might I suggest not buying the white one, unless you have a way to clean the rubber case completely. It's a dirt and grime magnet and I have never been able to bring it back to white.

Speaker ports. Some dirt and dust gathers inside the little grill cover that goes over the bottom to allow the sound to come out. Same goes to the charge port. Nothing serious, just take the case off and use your shirt or some other cloth to clean the bare back of the phone. I haven't had any issues with sound being distorted or anything.

I like it, given am.opportunity to buy it again, I'd go with the black.
    Thanks for your update, luckily for me I ordered the classical black one, since I knew I didn`t have that much time to clean it every three days
    In the end, any accessory has to be maitained in a good shape, in order to properly function, Zerolemon models are no exception

i try to use it
    its nice
    there is many type i choose one from there site zerolion.com

can any one help me?i am in pakistan where i can but ths zero lemon battery nd what is its price i am living in rawalpindi near islamabad please let me know if any one knows

I've had mine for a few months now. Initially i was impressed, now i have a few gripes that I should mention.
    1. The battery covers over the speaker grill at the bottom left of the backside of the phone. While this doesnt prevent conversations its not an ideal configuration.
    2. it reduces NFC. I have to touch my phone to NFC tags 3-5 times in order to make some connection with my phone.
    3. The rubberised case makes it hard to press the volume and power buttons.
    4. The white rubberised case gets really grubby looking fairly quickly.
    5. I like to nearly brain my battery before charging it full again, this I think maintains battery health. I rarely did this with the zerolemon because it takes longer to charge, rarely had the moment to do my usual.
    6. Mine has stopped charging! This may be related to me using a standard samgsung charger (the one for my S2), and sometimes just a usb cable to a laptop. instead of the high voltage S4 speciffic charger. It still charged ok, I have been using this setup for 2 months without problem. Then one day I plugged it in while it only had 3% battry left and the next morning my phone wouldnt turn on. I think somehow my phone doesnt know it has to to start charging.

Shame because I was initially impressed by this batteries sheer size. I know its good for 4 days at least. Ive ordered a new official s4 charger + cable and hopefully I can kick start it into life again but to be safe ive also ordered another extended battery from a different manufacturer.

Just my experience, hope it helps.

Are you kidding?Charge 1h,can use the phone for 2 days? I even cann't believe it.