Does the Galaxy S4 support Mirrorlink

pggagne

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
New to this forum. New to Androids. New to a lot of this stuff.

I just got a Samsung Galaxy S4 smart phone and new head car audio head unit (Sony XAV-601BT) with the intentions of using Mirrorlink on the head unit and Drivelink on the S4. The Sony head unit says that the S3 is compatible with Mirrorlink, but does not mention the S4. I believe the S4 came out after the head unit was discontinued. I guess I made the assumption that if it worked for the S3, it would work for the S4.

Does anyone know if the S4 is compatible with a unit designed for an S3?

I plug the phone into the head unit using the USB cable, start Mirrorlink on the head unit and start Drivelink on the phone. The phone then gives a message stating "unfortunately drive link has stopped" or something like that.

Anyone have any input related to this?

Thanks
Paul

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Heya Paul, welcome to the forums!

Well, Samsung doesn't generally remove too many features from one generation to the next so it's a good inference that it's still supported. Hopefully, though, another one of our Samsung S4-having gurus will be able to offer some more insight.

pggagne

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
That's great to know. Well, at least encouraging .... I guess the next question would be, does anyone know how to make it work?

Otis Arms

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
i have i9500 s4, ipod nano, nokia n8, and apple i4s. sadly none have connected to mirrorlink sony xav-701.
the software of sony is for 601bt 701 bt.

my devices do fine on apple tv airplay also do fine on android smart tv via wifi dlna and also mirror screen with hdmi cable to tv

however never work with screenlink mirrorlink on the sony xav-701bt

iget phone bt connect. usb play ok of phone in mode

never connect with mirrorlink on xav-601bt

say device not supported

must be sony sw issue but i update latest sony sw.

can see my youtube channel oarms33 for many vids about this issue

never

the-android-dude

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi there,
I just got Sony XAV-601BT and I am also having no luck to connect via "Drive Link" / Mirror Link, I spoke with live chat to Sony Rep. he told me Galaxy S4 is not supporting mirror link,
so it was a waste of $350.00
is there anybody has GalaxyS4 and Sony XAV-601BT combo, maybe you guys can help me step by step how to connect and use, if not I am thinking to change my phone to Sony Xperia Z,
Any advice from the Pros?

Thanks

edwin perez1

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I also just got a Sony xav-601bt. I did updated the firmware and installed drivelink but not from the Google store. It is a hack version that does not needs rooting. It works really good after that. Before it was crashing all the time. PM me if want more info. It only took me 10 minutes to do everything.

Kochie

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
hi all. am new too.... i have a gs4 and an alpine head unit. it does work but only via usb cable.... isnt it suppose to work wirelessly? any help appreciated. tia

Kochie

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
hi all. we have the gs4 and would really like to be able to link with our alpine head unit wirelessy (not via USB Cable) to use the drive link. can this be done yet? thankyou

shumatew

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Upon my research if you have an S4 you can do MirrorLink, If you haven't updated your S4 to 4.4.2(KitKat), However Mirrorlinks website states they support Galaxy S3, Galaxy S5, and Galaxy S6, They do not support the S4. I have an S4 and the Pioneer x2700bs, The only way I was able to get a semi-like drivelink connection was by updating the firmware on my radio and then installing AppRadio on my Android Device with it tethered USB, Other than that Pandora works great through Bluetooth, However will not work with AppRadio through USB.

peterraouf1

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
hi therei have samsung galaxy note3 and sony xplod 712bt but it keeps tell me that it's not supported device what should i do to make it works ???????

peterraouf1

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Posts1 Posts
hi therei have samsung galaxy note3 and sony xplod 712bt but it keeps tell me that it's not supported device what should i do to make it works ???????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty