Best MicroSd card for Galaxy s4?

MoMarlon2

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered the same SD card (SanDisk Ultra 64GB Class 10 microSD Card) from Walmart for $37.64. I've NEVER had problems with Sandisk cards in any of my Galaxy phones (S2 and S4).

sparker86

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Whichever card you get test it before using it. The best program is H2testw1.4 it is German but English is supported. It loads up the card with data and can take several hours esp for a large card. Any errors and it shows corrupted files. If this happens then send it back. This corruption would cause the phone to identify it as being removed. The cards are usually only 2gb but the firmware on the card is altered to make it think it is larger. As soon as you start using the corrupt part it will fail.

erwinhayamz

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Well i just bought micro SD Card - Samsung EVO 32gb Class 10 Micro SDHC.

I put it in my Galaxy S4 - GTI9500, format it inside, transfer some of my music & photos from mac via androidfiletransfer. First thing i noticed that it generate some heat behind my phone everytime i surf the web or playing some games. CPU shows at 55-50 when i check it with dial *#0*# --> Sensors ---> Thermistor. And when i take out the SD card, the temperature back to normal 35-30 with Thermistor with same activity.

Try to put this SD card into my friend's Galaxy S3 - I9300, everything seems normal, there's no heat problem.

Did anyone had the same issue? :'(

vt_ld

Jan 31, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
Whats the best sd card for a samsung S4 as of now 30.1.16?

I have been advised at phone shop that sandisk 32 gb ultra is the optimal one. i would like to try a sandisk 64gb extreme pro class 10 but lady in shop said this one would be slower as it would be slower to read or write - i cant remember which she said.

I would also thinking of getting a Samsung Note 4 so i may eventully transfer this 64gb card to the samsung note 4.

Any opinions out there on this issue?

Robert Spencer1

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
Most SD card failures I have seen are from poor internal soldering. I have been able to use a hot air soldering rework station to reflow the connections. I set the temp to 350C and used intermittent air flow across the contacts only by masking everything but the contacts. The on time was about 10 seconds with a 3 to 4 second off time. Don't try to get any flux under the contacts, you will screw it up.
Robert
MSEE, BSME

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers