Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ilya Parshakov
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Help with MHL Cable for S4

    I've searched the forum and couldn't really find a direct answer to what I'm looking for...

    I have an S4, I'd like to connect it to my TV via HDMI. I need to know exactly what pin count mini USB I need. I keep reading 11, 6 and 5, none of which make sense to me. I don't need anything fancy, something thats less than $10 (or better yet, less than $5) from China off of eBay.

    Would this do the trick? -

    Like I said, I don't need anything fancy, just something that works and gives me an excuse to connect to the TV once in a while.

    If the one above would work, then how would that compare to this one for example?

    Thanks for the help folks. I just recently ditched my iPhone (it was my third one) for an S4 and couldn't be happier so I'd like to get a few add ons like this for tinkering!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

    Default Re: Help with MHL Cable for S4

    119 views and no comments? If you read the title you knew exactly what the post was... why click if you're not going to help!? LOL
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Help with MHL Cable for S4

    The first one will work fine for you ok

    Posted via Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Help with MHL Cable for S4

    Thanks!
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Help with MHL Cable for S4

    Why not just use the all share cast hub? It connects via hdmi to your tv and your connects wireless to it

    Posted via Android Central App
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Help with MHL Cable for S4

    Quote Originally Posted by cachun402 View Post
    Why not just use the all share cast hub? It connects via hdmi to your tv and your connects wireless to it
    Maybe because the All Share Cast Hub is about $100? It should be a simple, and cheap connection to do what the OP wants to do. For $1.75 shipped it's hard to go wrong if the connector works.
    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

  7. #7  

    Default Re: Help with MHL Cable for S4

    Quote Originally Posted by trucky View Post
    Maybe because the All Share Cast Hub is about $100? It should be a simple, and cheap connection to do what the OP wants to do. For $1.75 shipped it's hard to go wrong if the connector works.
    I've also heard that the AllShare Hub lags--so that video and audio are out of sync--primarily due to WIFI interference. I had a Samsung rep tell me that for it to work properly, you have to disconnect your wifi network prior to using it to prevent the interference. More work than its worth, I think.

    I was also looking for one of these cheapy cables and could never find a straight answer for which one would work (other than the expensive samsung product). I'm interested to see how it works--please post an update once you've tried it!
    Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Help with MHL Cable for S4

    Quote Originally Posted by ForgetApple View Post
    I've searched the forum and couldn't really find a direct answer to what I'm looking for...

    I have an S4, I'd like to connect it to my TV via HDMI. I need to know exactly what pin count mini USB I need. I keep reading 11, 6 and 5, none of which make sense to me. I don't need anything fancy, something thats less than $10 (or better yet, less than $5) from China off of eBay.


    I
    Would this do the trick? -

    Like I said, I don't need anything fancy, just something that works and gives me an excuse to connect to the TV once in a while.

    If the one above would work, then how would that compare to this one for example?

    Thanks for the help folks. I just recently ditched my iPhone (it was my third one) for an S4 and couldn't be happier so I'd like to get a few add ons like this for tinkering!
    I just recently picked up one it's worth it. You can get full control of your android device on the tv that's a huge benefit. if you also have xmbc setup you can run it from there. The problem with All share it only support key functions like photos, movies, music that you have internally on your device but no ability to run other apps so MHL adapter will allow you to get full use of your phone and run any apps that you want it acts like a monitor
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Help with MHL Cable for S4

    I'm wondering if Chromecast might not be another option. For $35 it seems to do a lot and they keep adding more apps, like PLEX.
    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

  10. #10  

    Default Re: Help with MHL Cable for S4

    Quote Originally Posted by doohsun View Post
    I just recently picked up one it's worth it. You can get full control of your android device on the tv that's a huge benefit. if you also have xmbc setup you can run it from there. The problem with All share it only support key functions like photos, movies, music that you have internally on your device but no ability to run other apps so MHL adapter will allow you to get full use of your phone and run any apps that you want it acts like a monitor
    What cable did you get? Brand/model/store/price? Thanks!
    Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Help with MHL Cable for S4



    i got it off ebay much cheaper than samsung directly same thing.
    Thanked by:
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Help with MHL Cable for S4

    doohsun, what refresh rate do you get with your adapter - 24 Hz or 60 Hz?
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Help with MHL Cable for S4

    Based on this video it gives 24 Hz, which is not good. I will have to buy a genuine one for $40 ((
    Last edited by Ilya Parshakov; 01-25-2014 at 02:06 AM.
    Seth_Overbury likes this.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Help with MHL Cable for S4

    HELP I have been seeing mixed reviews. Need an mhl from a Galaxy S4 to a 55' Vizio Led model M55ONV. Currently my ps3 works fibegreat byo hdmi and old dell pc thru monitor ports.

Similar Threads

  1. Pebble or wait for Google watch
    By Google_Superuser in forum Pebble Smartwatch
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-09-2013, 05:13 PM
  2. please help.Will it work again?
    By budoorn in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-06-2013, 03:05 PM
  3. Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - issue with power save mode at 30%
    By wmscottmc in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-05-2013, 11:25 PM
  4. 3 months with Moto X
    By theobject in forum Moto X
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-05-2013, 11:05 PM

Posting Permissions

B