Changing MicroSD card

Spunjer

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Hello,
bought a Samsung class 10 64gb for my GoPro, but has been having problems with it. evidently, the write/read speed is not up to par with GoPro black, so instead i'm switching to lexar.
now for my dilemma: i'm thinking about using the samsung SD card for my S4 instead. my question is, how do i go about in transferring everything that is on the SD card that in my S4 now (i believe it's 16gb) to the the bigger card? i realize i have to reformat the 64 gb card. how do i go about in doing that?
thanks in advance.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
bought a Samsung class 10 64gb for my GoPro, but has been having problems with it. evidently, the write/read speed is not up to par with GoPro black, so instead i'm switching to lexar.
now for my dilemma: i'm thinking about using the samsung SD card for my S4 instead. my question is, how do i go about in transferring everything that is on the SD card that in my S4 now (i believe it's 16gb) to the the bigger card? i realize i have to reformat the 64 gb card. how do i go about in doing that?
thanks in advance.

If your PC has a card reader, I would unmount the card in Settings>Storage, and insert it into the PC and copy/paste. Insert the new card and copy/paste again. Put the new card in the phone.

As for formatting, I would format it in the phone first then move the files.

Spunjer

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
If your PC has a card reader, I would unmount the card in Settings>Storage, and insert it into the PC and copy/paste. Insert the new card and copy/paste again. Put the new card in the phone.

As for formatting, I would format it in the phone first then move the files.

thanks!

AGC8

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Can you use any Micro SD card with a S4 (Telus Mobility)? By that I mean Micro SD "xc" or "hc". Do they only refer to transfer speeds? Like CF cards for cameras?

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Can you use any Micro SD card with a S4 (Telus Mobility)? By that I mean Micro SD "xc" or "hc". Do they only refer to transfer speeds? Like CF cards for cameras?

Posted via Android Central App

Last I knew, the Galaxy series didn't like the SDXC cards. So go with a 32 SDHC and you should be good to go.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app