Galaxy S4: Case suggestions

x_leah_x

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
hi i am picking up my new samsung galaxy s4 in red on monday ! cannot wait going from an iphone 4s is going to be the best thing ever
can you tell me which are the best cases for this phone i want to make sure it is well protected :)

Last edited by a moderator:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: cases

I have used the otterbox defender and commuter series as well as the Trident Kraken, albeit on other devices. All are great cases, though the defender and Kraken would give more protection. The Kraken has silicone on the inside and hardshell with rubber bumpers on the outside. The otterbox defender has a hard shell on the inside and silicone on the outside. Kraken has a removable kickstand that can be used with a variety of attachments, if desired.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I really like my Speck grip case. It's less bulky than the Otterbox, and the rubber grips add just the right amount of grip. The other bonus is that the rubber grips lift the phone slightly when on a flat surface and allow the speaker to be heard.

My wife uses the Speck without the grips, and she loves it.

I like to get bargains from Amazon, but this case is about $25 at Best Buy - and you will have it right away...

Posted via Android Central App

toober

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I've been a fan of the Otterbox Defender for years. I like the handy belt clip to keep me from having to dig the rubberized case from a pocket.

Dogga85

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I have the Otterbox Commuter case and love it! Great protection and doesn't make the phone bulky

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

jay_dubb2k5

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I have the Otterbox Commuter case and love it! Great protection and doesn't make the phone bulky

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

+1 for the Commuter. The best case for me so far. You just have to find the case that fits you the best.

Posted via Android Central App

toober

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
The Commuter is also a nice case. My wife loves hers because it's not as bulky as the Defender. I guess it all depends on how and where you use your phone. Since I work outdoors and am constantly climbing and crawling, the Defender is what works best for me.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Check out Spigens offerings (I know I do hate on them sometimes) but their Slim Armor View is a good case I had it before on a GS4 and like it a lot.

jihart33

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone tried the Case-Mate Crafted Woods case? Looks great, but the case itself almost looks like the plastic could be fragile.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy