Galaxy S4 Charger Question

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I am charging My galaxy s4 with my old samsung galaxy exhibit charger and wondering if it could cause damage to my phone or battery in any type of way. Aside from charging slower than usual and thr charger getting pretty warm it still seems to get the job done and I know it gives off a LOWER amp than tbe original charger that I lost. I Was wondering should I really order a 30$USD s4 charger from samsung or is it safe to stick with this one?

aspot72

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I am charging My galaxy s4 with my old samsung galaxy exhibit charger and wondering if it could cause damage to my phone or battery in any type of way. Aside from charging slower than usual and thr charger getting pretty warm it still seems to get the job done and I know it gives off a LOWER amp than tbe original charger that I lost. I Was wondering should I really order a 30$USD s4 charger from samsung or is it safe to stick with this one?

As long as its btwn 1mA-2mA its OK.
0.75 mA does the job as well, but takes longer to charge. Don't use anything bellow 0.5mA or over 2mA

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
A slower charger is fine for the phone.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Edmr

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Hi , Alex . I suggest you pay US$ 30. Because... Older chargers are typically rated at 500 mA, and there are two options in the electronic design of the charger: 1 ) Most likely, there is a 500mA current limiter circuit, and output voltage is stable. In this case, S4 is loaded slowly, but in an unsafe manner, since the charger will operate at the upper limit all the time giving a higher probality to damage the charger (it means risks from fire in the building, or S4 damage (due to voltage spikes during some damage to the charger), until nothing. In this case, S4 battery lifetime will be a little better , since they are slowly changed, but not much. 2 ) There is no 500 mA current limiter circuit, and the voltage will be lower than necessary. In this case, the risks are high and therefore I do not believe that Samsung would do it.
Anyway, remember that you are in a situation of risk when you use a charger not recommended. (For your reference, I 'm a hardware developer , ok?).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star