- Junior Member
- 1 Posts
Galaxy S4 Charger Question
I am charging My galaxy s4 with my old samsung galaxy exhibit charger and wondering if it could cause damage to my phone or battery in any type of way. Aside from charging slower than usual and thr charger getting pretty warm it still seems to get the job done and I know it gives off a LOWER amp than tbe original charger that I lost. I Was wondering should I really order a 30$USD s4 charger from samsung or is it safe to stick with this one?
- 03-16-2014, 06:12 AM #2
- 03-16-2014, 09:17 AM #3
- 03-31-2014, 09:49 AM #4
- 1 Posts
Re: Galaxy S4 Charger Question
Hi , Alex . I suggest you pay US$ 30. Because... Older chargers are typically rated at 500 mA, and there are two options in the electronic design of the charger: 1 ) Most likely, there is a 500mA current limiter circuit, and output voltage is stable. In this case, S4 is loaded slowly, but in an unsafe manner, since the charger will operate at the upper limit all the time giving a higher probality to damage the charger (it means risks from fire in the building, or S4 damage (due to voltage spikes during some damage to the charger), until nothing. In this case, S4 battery lifetime will be a little better , since they are slowly changed, but not much. 2 ) There is no 500 mA current limiter circuit, and the voltage will be lower than necessary. In this case, the risks are high and therefore I do not believe that Samsung would do it.
Anyway, remember that you are in a situation of risk when you use a charger not recommended. (For your reference, I 'm a hardware developer , ok?).
- By garydtee in forum US Cellular Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 03-16-2014, 03:01 PM
- By ariezgo1 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 03-14-2014, 10:11 PM
- By Ali2365 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 03-14-2014, 03:00 PM
- By Ali2365 in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 1Last Post: 03-14-2014, 02:32 PM
- By cameronmangast in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 03-14-2014, 12:46 PM