Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Charging with the otterbox.

I recently bought the otterbox for my phone and noticed noticed that the charging port is covered up when not being used. When I go to charge my phone it the flap that covers the port is putting a lot of pressure on the charger. The only reason I'm worried is my last phone stopped charging because the port was so bent up. I don't want this phone to do the same thing. Has anyone had this problem with the otterbox where the phone stops charging from continual charging with the otterbox case on?

Global Posts
    18,838 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Charging with the otterbox.

Welcome to the forums.
    I have used Otterbox, but I typically take my cases off when I get home, and I charge at night, so I rarely charge the device while cased. You could trim off the charging cover flap.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Angry Re: Charging with the otterbox.

YES!!! I have this same problem! My phone isn't charging at ALL now. I didn't catch on to the fact that it was the Otterbox doing it until I borrowed my daughter's charger (for two days before I went and bought a new one) and she was mad because when I gave her charger back it was bent and wouldn't charge her phone. So THREE chargers bent by the otter box, and now my phone won't charge.

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Default Re: Charging with the otterbox.

If you have the otterbox defender case....
    Get the Samsung wireless charger backplate/cover and wireless charging pad.....peel off the foam inside the otterbox defender case, then gently remove the clear screen protector on the otterbox. Fits a little snug, but worked great with my setup and never have to use the USB charging method or hassle with the flaps again.
    **If you haven't already registered your device with Sammy, then do so and get 50% off one accessory under 50$.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk