- 1 Posts
Need some help
Is there an app that I can use that does the following
1. Blocks unwanted numbers
2. Blocks text messages
Does both of these without them ever showing up on the phone as an alert? Without saving or storing the the blocked numbers and texts? So once the number is not on my list of contacts I do not even know that someone who is not on my contacts tried to contact me.
- 05-28-2014, 09:59 PM #2
- 128 Posts
Re: Need some help
The below two will allow the messages to remain, and will not block as such:
1- Tasker/AutoMateIt: Block the user by making rule 'if text received is from X respond with 'Y'
2- AutoSMS: Make an autoreply to a 'block list' where all SMS will be ignored as there are on the list.
The below are good:
1- The stock SMS on many phones now come with a block feature which is quite effective.
2- The stock 'People/Contact' app has the inbuilt feature to block contacts
1- There are custom SMS apps that allow in-built blocking- you could try this
2- Many AV (Anti-Virus) apps allow blocking of SMS and People; ESET, AVG and NQ are good.
- By Traci Stiltner in forum Android 2.3 GingerbreadReplies: 1Last Post: 07-23-2014, 11:55 AM
- By mmeiss in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 1Last Post: 07-04-2014, 10:27 PM
- By mackem79 in forum Sony Xperia Z UltraReplies: 1Last Post: 05-28-2014, 05:06 PM
- By prettyboyvoid in forum HTC One XReplies: 1Last Post: 05-28-2014, 11:20 AM
- By Karleen77 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 0Last Post: 05-28-2014, 10:42 AM