Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Announced

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Earlier today, Samsung announced the ruggedized, water-resistant and dust-resistant Galaxy S4 Active. Much of the specs are the same as your stock S4, with the big difference being the 'fully sealed design'.

My question to you? is this something you've been longing for in a flagship device? Something ruggedized that you can toss around, spill a beer on and use as a blunt weapon if necessary?

I'm all for ruggedized devices, so long as compromises aren't made in terms of performance and easy of use. Suppose I'd be more accepting if I worked in construction or some sort of trade where dust/dent/scratch/water-proofing would be a huge plus.

I ramble. Let me know what you think, and you can read more about the announcement right here: Samsung announces water-resistant Galaxy S4 Active | Android Central

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Being a construction worker and living in the elements of dust, dirt, grease and diesel fuel this would be a welcomed device to me. Although the latter of my description would probably over take the rugged protection but the first three elements constantly wrecked havoc on my devices and this could be a great solution !

AllAbout813

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I just got my Galaxy s4 yesterday with my upgrade. Would have been nice to have known about this; I wonder what the price difference is. Also because I just upgraded a day ago I wonder if they would allow me to return it in exchange if I wanted too.. Still not sure if I would but I am curious.

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes I would love to get one of these.
I do a lot of outdoor activities and am around water so the Active would allow me to be active without worrying about damaging my phone.

Oh and I love the fact that this phone is thin.
I hate bulky phones.

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I want to see this phone on Verizon; especially if it will also support AWS. Saw one rumor elsewhere that it will release on VZW in early July, and that the Casio LTE Commando had been pushed down to June 27. Another site shows the S4 Active with an FM Radio Tuner, which is one feature I absolutely love in my Thunderbolt.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I sincerely hope it comes to Verizon or else I will leave Verizon. My contract is up next month and I'm getting antsy. I don't know whether to wait on this, wait for the A10, get a Z10 or get the RAZR MAXX HD for the large battery.

Posted via Android Central App

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
crap i knew i should have waited... got my s4 about 3 weeks ago great phone but i am a mechanic and this would have been nice does it have the sd card?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch