Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Coming to Verizon?

I use Verizon and my contract is up next month. Do you think this will even touch Big Red? If not, will it come to T-Mobile? I will move to T-Mobile if need be. I dont want to go to AT&T. I want unlimited data.

P.S. Check out this link:
    Let me google that for you

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Coming to Verizon?

you likely can buy straight from samsung if they dont.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

That would probably run a little expensive though.

Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

There is a post over in another website that VZW will get the S4 Active on July 1. I cannot vouch for the reliability of the info.
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I see, it seems interesting nevertheless. Though no on has mentioned the Casio G'Zone Commander successor which is purportedly coming to Verizon. I wonder what are the specs on that?

Posted via Droid RAZR M on the Android Central App

ROM
    Synergy Nightly

Has anyone seen what Radio's are included? If one is available I am curious what carriers networks are going to be supported.. Anyone seen the FCC request for the carriers go through? Or an official carrier supported list would suffice as well...

Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I am on mobile, so it is hard to find my links. I think pdadb.net is the site, search on Casio C811. Or look for specs for the Korean version, CA201L. Pretty sure it is dual core.

Edit: Here it is

C811 (preliminary info): Dual core, 1800 mAh standard battery, but other places show a 2600 mAh or so extended battery. 16GB, 8MP rear, 1.3 MP front, SD card support, not showing an FM radio tuner, IP58 rated, 800 x 480 4" display, 6.1 ounces

S4 Active: Quad core, 2600 mAh standard battery, 16GB, 8MP rear, SD card support, shows an FM radio tuner, IP67 rated (better on dust than the C811, not as good on water), 1920 x 1080 5" display, 5.3 ounces.

Posted via Android Central App

Edited on PC
    Last edited by Unobtanium; 06-11-2013 at 04:16 PM.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    I am on mobile, so it is hard to find my links. I think pdadb.net is the site, search on Casio C811. Or look for specs for the Korean version, CA201L. Pretty sure it is dual core.

Edit: Here it is

C811 (preliminary info): Dual core, 1800 mAh standard battery, but other places show a 2600 mAh or so extended battery. 16GB, 8MP rear, 1.3 MP front, SD card support, not showing an FM radio tuner, IP58 rated, 800 x 480 4" display, 6.1 ounces

S4 Active: Quad core, 2600 mAh standard battery, 16GB, 8MP rear, SD card support, shows an FM radio tuner, IP67 rated (better on dust than the C811, not as good on water), 1920 x 1080 5" display, 5.3 ounces.

Edited on PC
    Thanks for that. Once they are both official in the U.S. I would like to see a comparison between them.

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

I want the s4 active pretty bad I kind of want to buy one on att full retail and just put my verizon sim card in and cross my fingers. I also want that orange one. Lets figure this out how do I get this done.? Haha

The att one won't work on Verizon. Totally different. Verizon doesn't get any of the good phones first anymore. . or ever did. CDMA... Not the favorite across the world.

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

Any word on if this is coming to verizon?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

Which won't help if it doesn't work on Verizon and it won't unless Verizon carries it.

- - - Updated - - -

Verizon figures they have the best coverage so their customers can suck it if they want anything more than that.
    iPhone 5s-Verizon
    Moto X Verizon
    Nexus 7 2013
    Nexus 10
    iPad Air-Verizon

I just saw on the Expansys site yesterday that you can pre-order the s4 Active, unlocked, in the orange color. No price posted yet, but you gotta give a credit card. You have an opt-out when they come in, if you don't like the price.

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

So is verizon getting it?

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by bwbski View Post
    So is verizon getting it?

So far, everything indicates: No.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

This is terrible that its not coming to verizon

Quote Originally Posted by AaronDeVante View Post
    I use Verizon and my contract is up next month. Do you think this will even touch Big Red? If not, will it come to T-Mobile? I will move to T-Mobile if need be. I dont want to go to AT&T. I want unlimited data.

P.S. Check out this link:
    Let me google that for you
    I am using my Active on T-Mobile. Got an AT&T Active and unlocked it.

Does anyone have an up date on the s4 Active coming to Verizon? I have a IPhone 4s that I am not that happy with. It works ok, just sorta dull. I can update my phone now but if Verizon is going to get the s4 Active soon, I'll wait. I almost got the s4 last week but I have heard so many stories of the screens cracking in your hands, I thought I'd wait.

Quote Originally Posted by anniecloaks View Post
    Does anyone have an up date on the s4 Active coming to Verizon? I have a IPhone 4s that I am not that happy with. It works ok, just sorta dull. I can update my phone now but if Verizon is going to get the s4 Active soon, I'll wait. I almost got the s4 last week but I have heard so many stories of the screens cracking in your hands, I thought I'd wait.
    Doubtful for Verizon. I think this remains an AT&T exclusive.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Quote Originally Posted by anniecloaks View Post
    AT&T exclusive right now unfortunately. There is still the HTC One on VZW and the new batch of Motorola Droids to look forward too though.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronDeVante View Post
    AT&T exclusive right now unfortunately. There is still the HTC One on VZW and the new batch of Motorola Droids to look forward too though.

Verizon is in bed with Motorola (Google I guess too). They make the Droid line for them and it is a huge seller for them. I don't think Verizon will see an HTC One either.

I don't know anything about the HTC One. If Verizon gets it I'd be interested if it can take a drop or two. They way people talk seems like the S4 can't take a drop even in a good case. I've got to say, my husbands old Motorola bites the dust about everyday. It's even flown apart a few times. Put it back together and it still works! He even left it on top of his truck. It fell off on the highway. He realized what happened and went back a couple hours later. (no one had run over it) and it still worked! I don't think any brand of smart phone could hold up to him.

I know it's a pipe dream but I really wish VZW would get the Active. I was just in the ATT store playing with one, although the screen is clearly inferior to the S4 and the One, I love the way it feels and also love the whole water resistant deal. I just got the regular S4 on VZ 3 or 4 weeks ago but if given the choice I'd go active.

Question Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Coming to Verizon?

Current phone KIA, is there currently any way to get the Galaxy S4 Active onto a Verizon plan? I would easily pay full price for one if I knew I would be able to unlock it for use with Verizon. I was already looking at the regular 4S but really need a water PROOF solution. The Galaxy S4 Active is perfect sans Verizon option and I don't really have the option to wait for its unlikely announcement on Verizon.

EDIT: Did the research and discovered that because AT&T uses a GSM network (with SIM cards) and Verizon is a CDMA network (No SIM, stupid protocol) the AT&T version of the Galaxy 4S would NEVER work on Verizon's network. Because the flexibility of GSM's SIM cards (and because GSM is more globally excepted) Google Play Store editions of the Galaxy S4 Active are very very very likely to be compatible with GSM and NOT CDMA.

Long story short, if you want the Galaxy S4 Active on the Verizon network your ONLY option is to wait for it to become available either from Verizon OR direct from Samsung as a Developer CDMA Edition (at full retail price).

If, like me, you're looking at the Galaxy S4 but need a pretty solid water proofing system check out Liquipel (no affiliation). The 2012 product was simply a resistant coating but their improved 2013 product offers full water proofing with an Ingress Protection Level of 7 (meaning 1 meter depth of water for 30 minutes - non-use). That should be sufficient for rainy days, sneaky puddles, and forgetting to take your pants off before showering.

I hope this information helps at least one other person out. I'm now stuck with the dilemma of getting the S4 on Verizon (CDMA) or AT&T (GSM). =_=
    Last edited by PlanCakes; 07-13-2013 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Did Some Research
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Wouldn't work at all on Verizon. GSM vs CDMA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast