Just got the phone, went swimming, does NOT work

Timback

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Just got the phone, went swimming took some pictures while I was in the pool, water splashed on the phone, never was the phone submerged, now it will not work, took off the cover , water everywhere.. This is being returned immediately,
Phone is NOT waterproof at all.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Just got the phone, went swimming took some pictures while I was in the pool, water splashed on the phone, never was the phone submerged, now it will not work, took off the cover , water everywhere.. This is being returned immediately,

Wow, that's terrible. Do you think it is defective or just doesn't work as advertised?

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Obviously this isn't the point of the post, but did you try rice?

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Notsosure

May 21, 2013
Visit site

Wow....that sucks. You planning on switching to another phone or just get another active?

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Timback

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Took it back and got my money back, Samsung will have a major problem with this phone, this phone is definitely not waterproof, the AT&T guy said you can go up to 3' , I didn't even submerge it 3", the phone is very poor design, it has a back cover, which is identical to the S4. How is this waterproof? Also there was 2 water sensors, really??? If the phone is water proof, why is there water sensors? The AT&T rep said that since the sensor has been activated, they can't return the phone!
They have a real problem, so I made sure he took back the phone.
But if anyone really wants this phone, Don't buy it, it's a disaster. Buy the regular galaxy s4, and this one was much heavier.

FlyingBackwards

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Took it back and got my money back, Samsung will have a major problem with this phone, this phone is definitely not waterproof, the AT&T guy said you can go up to 3' , I didn't even submerge it 3", the phone is very poor design, it has a back cover, which is identical to the S4. How is this waterproof? Also there was 2 water sensors, really??? If the phone is water proof, why is there water sensors? The AT&T rep said that since the sensor has been activated, they can't return the phone!
They have a real problem, so I made sure he took back the phone.
But if anyone really wants this phone, Don't buy it, it's a disaster. Buy the regular galaxy s4, and this one was much heavier.

not to defend Samsung or the AT&T store employees, but how do they know that you didn't submerge the phone in deep water for a couple of hours?

I guess this phone still require the purchase of phone insurance that covers water damage. (which kind of defeats the purpose somewhat) :)

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, this isn't normal. Isn't there a possibility that this was a defective device?

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

RRasp

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Ya know, I had a bad feeling when I saw that the battery cover can come off and there are just rubber seals. Not to mention that the cover is a cheap piece of plastic just like the galaxy s4. Those types of things don't mix well with waterproof. My wife has the experia z and that phone is a solid device that we have taken under water, around water, in the sand, buried in the sand, in the sun, baking in the sun etc etc and it's still running like a champ today. Don't get me wrong. I love Samsung. I have a regular s4 but I think Samsung went in the wrong direction with this one.

FlyingBackwards

May 21, 2013
Visit site
IMHO, the S4 Active is splash resistant at best.(i.e accidentally spilling a drink over it)

The rubber strip inside the battery cover looks really flimsy. Worse yet, it is does not
cover the whole battery cover. What if you get the phone wet and then open the cover?
A little bit of water will no doubt end up inside.

There is absolutely a market for waterproof phones, but Samsung's first attempt using
the S4 seems to have dropped the ball.

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
OP, did you make sure the back cover was on properly?
Maybe there was a section that was not completely closed?
Just seems odd that a splashing would cause water damage.

chrisdiaz73

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I am still getting this phone, no way that this phone got destroyed from splashing....hell I splash my iphone all the time and its the most unresistant anything phone.......OP must have been messing with back case to check everything out and didn't put back together well....

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I agree it's one thing if you want a s4 because you like touchwiz or making googly eyes at it while you scroll but as far as a waterproof phone I'd have to agree that the ever so beautiful experia z is the way to go

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis