1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default can it stand up to drops equal or better than the S4 in Otterbox Defender case?

can it stand up to drops equal or better than the S4 in Otterbox Defender case?

just wondering....

Default Re: can it stand up to drops equal or better than the S4 in Otterbox Defender case?

No, that's not what its made for.

Default Re: can it stand up to drops equal or better than the S4 in Otterbox Defender case?

There is no way this phone holds up as well as a phone in an otterbox would. The phone feels more durable then the normal s4 but it is not drop proof.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using AC Forums mobile app

I have a leather case on my SG4 and before this one, I had a gel back. I have dropped it numerous times with no dents etc. I also tripped on a paving stone and my phone went flying about 30feet into the road. Luckily another pedestrian picked it up before a car ran over it...

I would not trust the phone on it's own to not ding, dent or scratch. Spend $8 and get a good cover. It's the best investment for a 800 phone.

Just buy an Otterbox Defender for the Active!!!