Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Unlocked on T-Mobile

Has anyone successfully unlocked it and used it on T-Mobile? I know the AT&T GS4 has the AWS bands for T-Mobile and works on the 1700 bands and T-Mobile LTE and I would prefer to get an Active. Help is very much appreciated!

Default Re: Unlocked on T-Mobile

Google ATT to Tmobile base bands. There are a few programs you need to download and a bit of haxing in a sense to do but it will fix everything right up.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I have not found any answers. Anyone have a link to it?

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

I received my unlock code from AT&T yesterday. I was able to get the phone into developers mode, made some changes in one of the service menus, and now I have Edge, 4G, and 4G LTE on the S4 Active running on TMobile. The big question is whether being in developer mode will allow me to change the Rom so i can get wifi calling working. Normally I don t change the rom from what the carrier issued but i want to get rid of some of the AT& T programs. How do i take a screenshot?

So the conclusion is that with some work (as with the ordinary S4), the S4 Active works fine on T-Mobile, including on their 42 Mbps HSPA+ AWS network?

Quote Originally Posted by TechyMexican View Post
    Has anyone successfully unlocked it and used it on T-Mobile? I know the AT&T GS4 has the AWS bands for T-Mobile and works on the 1700 bands and T-Mobile LTE and I would prefer to get an Active. Help is very much appreciated!
    Yup. I did. eBay. Just about any seller that will unlock a regular S4 is able to unlock to Active. I would send a message to them to confim but I was able to find a seller. Good luck!

Were you able to find anything like that for the active? This was the closest thing I could fund. I already have an AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 Active. It's unlocked and rooted, but I am still not getting good data coming in or out. Pictures in text messages won't download, but I can get to web pages most of the time and I can make and receive calls. I don't think my phone is using wireless to pick up the slack when I have a bad mobile signal. I did get these settings from T-Mobile, but they didn't seem to make a difference:

Callum M: If there is a T-Mobile APN, touch it. If not, press the Menu key, and touch New APN.
    Callum M: Verify and update the following settings for the Data APN:
    Callum M: Name: T-Mobile
    APN: epc.tmobile.com or fast.t-mobile.com (for LTE devices)
    Proxy: < Not set >
    You can also set: 216.155.165.050
    Port: < Not set >
    You can also set: 8080
    Username: < Not set >
    Password: < Not set >
    Server: < Not set >
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS proxy: < Not set >
    You can also set: 216.155.165.050
    MMS port: < Not set >
    You can also set: 8080
    MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 260
    Authentication type: < Not set >
    APN type: < Not set > OR Internet+MMS

ROM
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by TechyMexican View Post
    I got my unlock code from ATT all I had to do was insert the t-mobile sim unlock and I get HSPA+ 3G and LTE. I did change my APN to fast.t-mobile.com