ARGH!!!! Cracked Screen!!!!

keemody

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I was so excited to get the S4 Active on Friday and I scored with getting the blue one. I only had it for 3 days and my phone now as a cracked screen! It accidentally fell onto the bathroom tile floor from the counter and now it's cracked. I couldn't even get a case for it yet because there are NO cases yet for this phone! I'm so disappointed. I'm afraid to even get it wet now since it has a cracked screen. I'm leaving on a week long road trip tomorrow and I was looking forward to testing the phone on a rafting trip in Tahoe.

Other than the cracked screen....I've been extremely happy with the phone. I previously had an IPhone 4S and have had iphones since the original. This was my first android phone. The transition has been very smooth and I was able to get my songs and contacts very easily into my new one. The major difference between the Active and the regular 4S is the camera, but not just the MP but also some of the functionality. The Active cannot take self portraits and impose on the rear view camera at the same time, like the regular 4S. Other than that, I think it functions the same. I cannot really compare though since I never had the reg S4. I really love the 3 buttons on the Active and I love the Dive Blue color.

I did purchase the insurance through AT&T, but I heard the phone needs to be sent in to be replaced. I'll have to wait until I get back from my trip. Luckily the phone still works with the cracked screen. Arghhhhhhh!!!!!

Lesson learned---------- Get a case ASAP for this phone. I guess Galaxy 4S Active not so rugged after all.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Sorry man. I picked mine up yesterday. I set it up but left it at home until I get a screen protector and case. You are right about nothing being available. Att should have had at least one case ready. I just bought my square trade plan last night but will keep using my s4 until I have a case for my s4 active.

I also saw the active has gg 2 while the s4 has gg3.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
They have two cases on their website at least, both look ugly as sin though

Sent From My Galaxy S4 Active using a Tapatalk 4

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
yep. unfortunately this will probably be treated as a niche device and it will be slim pickings as far as the accessories go.

I just a diztronic case on amazon. Always had pretty good luck with them. Amazon.com: Diztronic Matte Back Black Flexible TPU Case for Samsung Galaxy S4 Active - Retail Packaging: Cell Phones & Accessories

Samsung has a protective cover+ that's coming out for the i9295 (international s4 active) that I'm personally waiting on.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
They have two cases on their website at least, both look ugly as sin though

Yes but the stores did not have them, at least mine did not as of yesterday. I want the Samsung protective cover + but may get the diztronic to hold me over till the Samsung gets here. Who knows how long it could be...

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Yes but the stores did not have them, at least mine did not as of yesterday. I want the Samsung protective cover + but may get the diztronic to hold me over till the Samsung gets here. Who knows how long it could be...

That's my thoughts. Diztronic makes a good case at a very affordable price. Buying it to hold me over until something better comes along. The added weight of the active makes me worry a little bit about dropping it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

firemedic1343

May 30, 2010
Visit site

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Sorry man. I picked mine up yesterday. I set it up but left it at home until I get a screen protector and case. You are right about nothing being available. Att should have had at least one case ready. I just bought my square trade plan last night but will keep using my s4 until I have a case for my s4 active.

I also saw the active has gg 2 while the s4 has gg3.

So why does this need a case not trying to sound crazy or anything but something called the active and suppose to be rugged i just don't see why you would need to be afraid to use it without a case unless i have misunderstood what this phone is suppose to be.

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
So why does this need a case not trying to sound crazy or anything but something called the active and suppose to be rugged i just don't see why you would need to be afraid to use it without a case unless i have misunderstood what this phone is suppose to be.

Element proof...not drop proof.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

You have misunderstood. It is not rugged. Water and dust resistant, not rugged.

mongolias

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I had mine a week same color S4 active blue , I found it very hard to use , i have always had i phones and I could not use the S4 active without cursing constantly , it has a beautiful screen but is too hard to use.I was going to return it for an 1phone 5 but because i can't even get a screen my return date runs out this Friday so i'm stuck with an S4 active , ACTIVE thats a joke , active for someone in a coma . I could not buy a protector and it is very slippery so kept on falling out of my pocket and fell onto the concrete and broke the screen , also you need to know it's only waterproof if you activate it Even the guy who runs the glass replacement said these are poor quality glass screens , he's had al ot of them come in this week and they are only a week old , very weak , don't buy one , you'll regret it .

mongolias

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I have always had I phone and dropped them constantly , never broke a screen , had maybe 5 I phones , upgraded to the S4 because i can see the screen better , big mistake , they are extremely fragile phones , it is a lot more complicated and harder for anyone not tech savvy . It made me realize how great and simplified the i phone is , if they could just make the screen bigger , i'm stuck with the piece of crap S4 for 2 more years under my at and t contract so in 2 years maybe the nerds at i phone can build one with a bigger screen for us old farts

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I love how people fall for all marketing BS. The s4 active is okay but its not a protection plan replacement. It will break. It will get water damage. IMO normal galaxy s4+ a good protection plan like best buys and I'm good. I rather keep my higher res screen, my 13mp camera and my snapdragon 600 quad core processor.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I had mine a week same color S4 active blue , I found it very hard to use , i have always had i phones and I could not use the S4 active without cursing constantly , it has a beautiful screen but is too hard to use.I was going to return it for an 1phone 5 but because i can't even get a screen my return date runs out this Friday so i'm stuck with an S4 active , ACTIVE thats a joke , active for someone in a coma . I could not buy a protector and it is very slippery so kept on falling out of my pocket and fell onto the concrete and broke the screen , also you need to know it's only waterproof if you activate it Even the guy who runs the glass replacement said these are poor quality glass screens , he's had al ot of them come in this week and they are only a week old , very weak , don't buy one , you'll regret it .

Umm, what?

keemody

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
OK...I'm back from 2 road trips with this phone. My original plan was to try to return it to ATT and exchange for the original S4, but I was told they cannot accept returns for damaged product and my only option was to use the insurance for a replacement. However, after 2 road trips with my damaged S4 Active...I want to exchange it for ANOTHER S4 Active and not the original S4. Here's why: I loved using this phone in and around water!!! I went on a rafting trip and was able to take some awesome pictures and not worry about it getting wet. I used it at the beach and didn't get worried about the sand and waves. I went to the pool and tested the underwater aqua mode feature which was awesome! I love this phone!!! Even though it had a cracked screen it was still functioning.

I just put in my insurance claim for this phone so I can't wait until I get the replacement. I'm hoping they send me the blue one but if not that's ok as long as it's the active! In the meantime I need to find a case! LOL

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

Who is this magical glass replacement man you speak of?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tony2