Please help... My Galaxy S4 won't let me enable Wi-Fi

dterrab

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Hey, I am having the same problem. I did same things but problem is still there. Was your problem solved? It would be veary helpfull. Thks!

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Well, you are not going to believe this... I had the same issue with my S4 Wifi connectivity as most everyone here and got an idea from one of the posts that I read, after trying virtually everything else.

I have two replacement batteries, but I had starting using the original Samsung battery when the trouble started. I switched to one of the after market replacement batteries (available on Ebay, for example, for like $3 - 4 dollars,) and that was all there was to it!! Problem solved.

I will leave it to one of you that know more about this than I do to explain why, but trust me, it worked!

Zain Sheikh

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
hi there i have the problem as most of my have had here...i just cant turn on wifi on my galaxy s4!! i have rebooted the phone a couple of times done many things but i still hav'nt came up a proper solution..plzz if possible i need some help

SFCStewart

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
Clear the RAM. Long press the home button. Select the pie icon. Select RAM tab at the top. Clear the memory. If you less than 85 MB of RAM available wi-fi will not work.

Wizardking26

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I absolutely need your help... you are the only one posting on here that seems to know what, and mainly WHY things need to be done the way they are done. The first post said to delete the file, not just rename it... then i realized most other posts say just rename it and it will create a new one, but it isn't doing that. I need HELP!!!!!

The first pos i foundt said to delete the file, not just rename it... then i realized most other posts say just rename it and it will create a new one, but it isn't showing up. I need HELP!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Wizardking26

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: Please help... My Galaxy S4 wo'nt let me enable Wi-Fi

same here mine has those same two files not the wpa_supplicant.conf just wpa_supplicant?

please help

priapism100

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site

Works like a charm. If you have a rooted phone, install root browser from playstore. open data/misc/wifi and as stephen says, change the wpa_supplicant.conf file. then restart and your phone will start to work.

Keith Hanson

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
I had exactly this problem and tried all the solutions mentioned in this thread except rooting my phone. I even took off the back of the phone and reconnected all the micro-connectors inside. Nothing worked but I noticed when I took out the battery for half and hour, the wireless came back on for about 30 secs before failing again so I left the battery out overnight and when I put it back in, hey presto, it worked. Spent too many hours trying to fix this so if you've read this far into the thread, I know what you're going through! Anyway, try this, and get a good night's sleep. Hope it works for you.

Keith Hanson

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Update! After the Wifi was working for about 4 hours, it has now stopped working again, reverting to exactly the same problem described in the very first post of this thread. It clearly isn't a hardware issue as if it was, it wouldn't work at all but something is conflicting somewhere. I'm at a loss, any further idea's anyone? These are my phone's details
Screenshot_2015-04-01-19-23-24.jpg

craigm42

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
I was having this problem after rebooting my phone, I entered safe mode and re-enabled Bluetooth and wifi and everything worked great, then one day I was taking some pictured and my phone shuts down, I have to remove my battery to get the phone restarted, now i am having the same issue Bluetooth and wifi will not enable. I have put the phone in safe mode and it will still not turn on, I have turned off power save mode for wifi and it still does not turn on. Removing the battery also does not let the wifi or Bluetooth enable. Thoughts??

celticflame

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Can someone post a clean copy of “wpa_supplicant.conf” for the T-Mobile S4. If possible a brief description of what each line controls.

My 2 plus year old S4 has always performed well until the past few weeks. I noticed my Android version is now 4.4.4 and started playing with some of the issues. I turned off WiFi and was then unable to restart. Both WiFi and Bluetooth are grayed out. I rooted the phone and was able to get both working by deleting “wpa_supplicant.conf” from both /data/misc/wifi & /system/etc/wifi then rebooting. Both worked until I restored files and "wpa_supplicant.conf" was overwritten with a version that included my saved LANs but no configuration info. When I remove the new "wpa_supplicant.conf" my Android no longer rewrites this file.

Thanks.

Salty124

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site

Hi there,

I have exactly the same problem! I try tapping the wi-fi icon from the drop down and it refuses to enable I have the same problem with the wi-fi hot spot too! Funnily enough the blue tooth icon works fine. Turned the phone on and off but hasn't resolved the issue. This bug just appeared out of nowhere today, not sure if this is covered under any samsung warranty? Terrible bug this is.

I had the same problem and just saw this format to try and fix it, I read down a few then I turned my phone off pulled the battery out and removed the sim card. I then turned my phone on with out sim in and tried the wifi and it worked. So I shut it of again reinstalled the sim and when I turned it back on it still worked. Hope it helps

Allwyn TuTy

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
seriously i got the same issure my mobile is galaxy mega 5.8 gt1952

deleted the file wpa_supplicant.conf rebooted still the problem didn't solved

tried all technique flashed installed new operating system but i have the same issue,

i have a doubt my hardware any problem with my wifi hardware?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci