Would it be possible to unlock a Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (i9295) to Metro PCS or similar carriers

ekierk

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Where is the cheapest place to buy this phone so I can buy it and unlock it myself and have it on Metro PCS? Also is Samsung Galaxy S4 Active almost the same as the Samsung Galaxy S4? I know there is a diffrence in cameras and waterproffing. Is there anymore major changes?

joshuadjohnson22

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
MetroPCD is a CDMA network so no that phone will not work on it. The best non-contract carrier will be straight talk. It uses tmobiles and AT&T's network and it is very cheap. You can pick up the sim conversion kit at your local walmart or online and pick up a AT&T S4 Active here or the international unlocked active here. You do not need to unlock it.

The changes are the screen (LCD vs AMOLED) in my opinion the LCD is MUCH better. The camera is a step down, and it is missing a thermometer sensor.

ekierk

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Metro PCS has combined with T-Mobile and you can bring an unlocked phone and it will work with gmd, http://www.metropcs.com/metro/static/genericstaticpage.jsp?title=keepyourphone
Can I buy it off AT&T for month to month plan and buy an unlocking code off eBay and then bring it to Metro PCS and get a sim card. It is so much cheaper of AT&T. I also like the sim card idea because I travel to other countries a lot so in that country I can just buy a sim card and use my phone

joshuadjohnson22

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Then call and ask, looks like if they say bring your own phone it should work... But in the past they were picky so hopefully they aren't anymore

Straight talk looks cheaper in the long run for the same

ekierk

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Its about 400 with a cracked screen. About $520 brand new or lightly used. Its cheaper than the Samsung Galaxy S4 on Metro PCS. If I buy one with a cracked screen it would cost about $30 dollars for a kit. So altogether it would be $430. The only thing is that I can't find a screen replacement kit. Does anyone know where to get a replacement screen kit for a Samsung Galaxy S4 Active?

moody1940

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I called att to get my unlock code for my gs4 active with no problem

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using AC Forums mobile app

kimbery010609

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
i have a question last week i bought a Samsung galaxy at metro pc but i travel every month to honduras and i want to unlock it so i can use it in usa and in honduras but i dont know how to do it can someone help me

floridarick

May 13, 2011
Visit site
If you call your carrier & tell them you will be travailing out of the country they will give you an unlock code for free. It worked for att & t-mobile for me......

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I paid to unlock the att version s4 active with cell unlocker .net Cost me $29.99. I was able to activate on metro pcs no problem. Even had data but kept losing data connection. Since I have an s4 metro version I gave the s4 active the same apns as the metro s4 and regained data 4g LTE. Both are great phones. Screen is a touch better on the active and I like the rubber bumpers on the back at top and bottom. The actual physical keys instead of soft keys are a huge plus. It is still same size and thickness as the s4 (wont take same case though) so get a good case just for added protection. Also the att version of the active had 2 gb more user memory than the s4 (hubby needed the dust proof feature or I would have taken the active in a heart beat. Hope this info is still relevant and helpful to some one.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza