Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ztmike
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Phillips AS111 speaker dock

    Looking to buy this and saw a review on there that said it wasn't working with a regular S4..? Seems like it would work with any Bluetooth capable device? But has me a bit worried because it is a older dock.

    Edit: here's link to Amazon
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005HY...idcentral00-20


    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
  2. #2  
    Scott Kenyon's Avatar

    Posts
    2,167 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

    Default Re: Phillips AS111 speaker dock

    I guess you never know. That guy could just have no idea how to set it up. I'd probably buy it anyway and not worry about it. Most of these things will connect so long as you do it correctly.
    Thanked by:
    ztmike 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Phillips AS111 speaker dock

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kenyon View Post
    I guess you never know. That guy could just have no idea how to set it up. I'd probably buy it anyway and not worry about it. Most of these things will connect so long as you do it correctly.
    Lol oops got a free thanks..anyway I ended up purchasing it today anyway..it was only $38 shipped and from the reviews on YouTube it has really good sound quality and the strip of light underneath the dock looks pretty cool..think this might be a nice find..guess I'll find out when it gets here.

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
  4. #4  
    Scott Kenyon's Avatar

    Posts
    2,167 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

    Default Re: Phillips AS111 speaker dock

    Quote Originally Posted by ztmike View Post
    Lol oops got a free thanks..anyway I ended up purchasing it today anyway..it was only $38 shipped and from the reviews on YouTube it has really good sound quality and the strip of light underneath the dock looks pretty cool..think this might be a nice find..guess I'll find out when it gets here.

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    Let me know if it works.

    Sent from my HTC One with MoDaCo.SWITCH Beta 8 using Mobile Nations mobile app
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Phillips AS111 speaker dock

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kenyon View Post
    Let me know if it works.

    Sent from my HTC One with MoDaCo.SWITCH Beta 8 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    I get it today so ill be testing it when I get off work tonight. I'll post back when I find out.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Phillips AS111 speaker dock

    Got it in the mail and ....... it WORKS. Really nice audio quality for the price.

    Came in a big *** box but the actual dock is pretty small.

    The app from Phillips sucks but I just used it to sync the time from my phone to the dock..

    Was streaming Pandora just fine over the bluetooth connection on my S4 Active. The dock also fits the Active right out of the box to charge the phone. Although my phone wont go into daydream mode while docked ..which is weird, and theres no remote but you can use the phone for volume.

    Other than that I recommend this dock for sure.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    Scott Kenyon likes this.
  7. #7  
    Scott Kenyon's Avatar

    Posts
    2,167 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

    Default Re: Phillips AS111 speaker dock

    Thanks for the follow up!

    Quote Originally Posted by ztmike View Post
    Got it in the mail and ....... it WORKS. Really nice audio quality for the price.

    Came in a big *** box but the actual dock is pretty small.

    The app from Phillips sucks but I just used it to sync the time from my phone to the dock..

    Was streaming Pandora just fine over the bluetooth connection on my S4 Active. The dock also fits the Active right out of the box to charge the phone. Although my phone wont go into daydream mode while docked ..which is weird, and theres no remote but you can use the phone for volume.

    Other than that I recommend this dock for sure.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Phillips AS111 speaker dock

    I have this Phillips dock AS111 and my girlfriends Galaxy s3 charges but my S4 wont? Can anyone tell me why and how I can fix the problem if at all possible. Thanks!!
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Phillips AS111 speaker dock

    Mine charged my Galaxy S4 for about 3 months and then one day it stopped working. I called Philips, as it has a 1 year warranty, and they sent me a new one. Well, I just received the new one and that one will not charge my Galaxy S4 at all. Hoping I am missing a setting on the phone and it is not a voltage issue, or some sort.

Similar Threads

  1. External speaker suddenly not working
    By RichardClark in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Today, 05:27 AM
  2. How to get the "all apps" icon back on the Go Launcher dock?
    By micsaund in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-31-2014, 02:39 AM
  3. Where is the speaker (and more)?
    By BillDennes in forum Motorola Droid MAXX
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-12-2013, 08:58 AM
  4. HELP! Dock Icons Don't Work
    By Stampeder55 in forum T-Mobile Galaxy S3
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-09-2013, 07:39 PM
  5. Placement of Speakers causeing muffled sound?
    By GamerZero in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-02-2013, 06:37 PM

Posting Permissions

B