1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Call Problems with S4 Active

I just got a Samsung Galaxy S4 Active last Saturday. I love the phone, but I had a serious problem with it. When talking to someone, the other person could not hear me at all anymore after maybe 30 to 60s on the call. After 10s or so they could hear me again. It was like that on every single call. So I exchanged it for a new S4 Active. Now I can be on a call for much longer, but right when I thought it is working now, people tell me that they cannot hear me at all. Again, that lasts for maybe 10s or so, then they can hear me again. I am not changing my grip or position, so I really don't know what the problem is. Anybody else seeing this problem? Could it actually be that I got two phones in a row with hardware problems???

Default Re: Call Problems with Galaxy S4

The mic on my S4 has stopped working during calls too. I can use the speakerphone but if I switch that off they can't hear me on the other end.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Call Problems with Galaxy S4

So your microphone stopped working completely or is it like mine where it doesn't work for a few seconds during a call and then it works again? Actually, I'm not even sure if it's the microphone, maybe there's a problem with the transmitter. Next time it happens again, I will switch to speakerphone and see if that makes a difference.

Default Re: Call Problems with S4 Active

i just started having the exact same issue. not what expected with this phone. i thought i had issues with the thunderbolt. ive come close to throwing this phone against the wall

I have the active and my volume goes in and out also. Expecially of in on it outdoors

I hope this is an isolated issue.
    I just ordered an active and would hate to have issues on mine as I talk on the phone a lot.

By the way, does this happen when using the headset or bluetooth?

Heeyy!! I had the same problem too. It because of Viber and Tango so if you have'em you have to uninstall them because they take over the phone calls I'm happy 'cause It worked for me ♡♡