transferring itunes music/playlists to galaxy s4 (using sd card) and keeping the format

dt50975

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, I have read a few posts on the subject and I think this is my question. I have an extensive Itunes library on my Mac desktop (which is also on an Ipad). I would like to transfer all of my music and hence, playlists, to my relatively new S4 using an SD card (given the size). Virtually every song is in mp3 format from way back pc days, but I have renamed them the way I wanted where appropriate in my Itunes library. In the past, when I moved the songs back to a pc for backup etc, these edited names get lost.

Many users here like isyncr (given size, and spotty Time Warner, I would think a wired connection is best)
Is this the best method to do what I want? other suggestions?
Thanks in advance and I apologize in advance for my lack of tech savvy.

anon(829886)

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
iSyncr and DoubleTwist completely failed with me. AirDroid worked for me however it takes a bit of time depending on the size of your collection. How much music are you looking to transfer?

The reason AirDroid takes time is because it will crash if you attempt to transfer too many files at one time. Too many files can mean 20 albums or so. I transferred 30 GB of music onto my SD card but it took me 3 hours. It was pretty painless because I used an iPad while doing all this on my Mac Mini via continued manual drag and drops.

If you plan on using Android phones in the future, I strongly suggest you upload your collection to Google Music for free. Now when I play music on my S4 Active that is stored on my SD card via the Google Music app I don't need to worry about artwork and the rest because it's already organized beforehand via Google Music. I spent 5 years using an iPhone and iTunes and I never plan on using iTunes ever again, even if I choose to go back to an iPhone one day.

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
How do you transfer downloaded music from my Google Music account from the internal memory to the SD card? I've been searching for a clean answer on this and I haven't found one yet.

I'm using a Galaxy S4, fresh out the box with an 64GB sd card.

anon(829886)

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
How do you transfer downloaded music from my Google Music account from the internal memory to the SD card? I've been searching for a clean answer on this and I haven't found one yet.

I'm using a Galaxy S4, fresh out the box with an 64GB sd card.

You can't without rooting first.

If you don't want to root I recommend AirDroid with respect to getting music onto your SD card.

Donna McCoy

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
did you get a good answer on this yet?? I just got my son a galaxy s4 (his first smart phone) We have been trying with any success to load all of the music from my pc to his phone, various file types, mp3, m4a, wma file types. The sd card appears to copy them, but as soon as the phone is rebooted, stupid files appear, like the music file itself renames to an upside down Uusic, or something like that. I cannot find a good solution to this anywhere. It should be simple.

tontheroad

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
then,copy playlist to the internal memory in the Android mobile phone.

This is the part I don't understand - i have been a mac user all my life, and now i have a galaxy phone. and i can transfer music via kies. but not the playlists which is a pain. and i don't know how to make playlists once all the music/audio books are on the phone's external card....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MOSHE TVITO