Will S4 camera fit?

Phxsuns710

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
So I have the Galaxy S4 active, and I love the phone, everything except the camera quality. I have found the OEM 13 megapixel regular S4 replacement camera for $20, does anyone know if it will fit before I order this piece? Please let me know it would really help me out! Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
So I have the Galaxy S4 active, and I love the phone, everything except the camera quality. I have found the OEM 13 megapixel regular S4 replacement camera for $20, does anyone know if it will fit before I order this piece? Please let me know it would really help me out! Thanks

Posted via Android Central App
As close as these models are, it might not. There might be differences in hardware design (slight), including the connections inside the casing and possible even how the software is tuned.

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
From what I remember hearing (could be really wrong here), the 8MP camera in the Active is the same camera as in the GS3. In which case, they are a different design. The plugs are the same, but board design and plug location would make it a challenge to overcome.

If you already have the GS4A, why not take it apart really quick and find out? And then post the result. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay