Group text going into individual text threads

SupraTiger

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Have an S4 active and have a group text message going on with about 10 people. I also have individual texts going on with some of the same people in the group message.

None of the text from the people I have an individual text thread with show up in the group thread when they send a group message. So both the individual texts and group texts show up as individual texts from that person.

Anyone know how to fix this?

serdrakov

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Is the same on my phone; my guess is that texting is not an app to chat like whatsapp or other apps alike.
Text sms and mms are just that, a text group is not like a text group on whatsapp. In regular texts, when you use the group option it just means that a group of contacts will receive the same text, but thats that. They wont be able to chat as a group.
On whatsapp you open a group and everyone can see everyones messages within that group. Regular texts dont.

Posted via Android Central App

serdrakov

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
So I dont think is an error..., think about it.
For whatsapp to enable peoples phone to text in group, everyone has to have the app.
In texting you have the problem that people may have service with different carriers, using different phones with totally different technology, just to mention a couple things.
So it makes sense that even if you had a phone that allows you to send regular texts as group, if people in that group have a different phone, they wont get it as group chat.

Posted via Android Central App

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante