Curiosity caught the best of me...anyone else had this problem??

SkinnyECV711

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Two days ago(already received a new one under warranty...thank god DFW is close lol) I was using my S4A. I put it in my cargo pocket as I was pulling out of my driveway to go to class. 10 mins later, as I was getting out of my truck, I went to wake the screen to silence it, and nothing happened. My LED was still flashing, ringtones were still playing as I received calls and text messages. I'm just curious really if anyone else has had this issue, or if I should chalk it up to a dysfunctional phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is the screen completely blank, or could it be that the screen is really dimmed down? I ask this because if the ambient light sensor is blocked (e.g., by a case) or malfunctioning, the phone might think you're in a really dark place and dim the screen so as not to blind you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You say "was"--did it fix itself? If not, sounds like a faulty screen.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

SkinnyECV711

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
That's what I chalked it up to...already got the replacement under warranty....even that was easier than when I had a similar issue with my old iPhone lol...Like I said curiosity git the best off me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2