My S4 active is NOT receiving texts from iPhones with iOS 7
11-24-2015 10:05 PM
- Okay this might be lengthy since I need to paint the whole picture of what happened.
About 3 weeks ago, I switched to the Galaxy S4 active from an iPhone 5. Immediately after the switch, I realized I wasn't getting text messages sent to me from people with iPhones. This was because I have an iPad, and the iMessages on my iPad was turned on, so those messages went straight to my iPad instead of my S4. After I turned off iMessages on my iPad, the problem was solved....
...... until iOS 7 came out. Over this weekend, I realized I wasn't getting more than half the messages sent to me. And it turns out, all of my friends with iOS 7 are sending me text messages as iMessages again, even though iMessages is turned OFF on my iPad. The only solution I've figured out for now is to turn my iMessages back on on my iPad and message iOS 7 users from my iPad.
Has anyone ran into this problem or know how to solve this?? I've loved this phone so much except for the fact that I'm so much less connected to everyone with an iPhone!09-23-2013 08:35 AM
- I've figured out the problem. I had an old iPhone 4 that was turned off, but iMessage was still turned on. After turning off iMessage on that phone, I started receiving all my text messages again.
However, the iPhone had been off for about 2 months, and this problem only began this past weekend, so I'm still sort of convinced that the new update had something to do with this.09-23-2013 12:58 PM
- Hi i've been having this exact same issue except it hasn't been resolved yet. I switched over to a Galaxy S4 from my Iphone 4 almost 2 weeks ago and ever since all of my friends updated their Iphones to IOS7 i've stopped recieving their text messages. I was getting their text messages fine until they updated their IOS last week. I've tried everything, I unregistered my phone number from my Apple Id on Sunday, and I just turned off the iMessage on my old phone today and still nothing. HELP!! Since I just purchased the Galaxy less than 2 weeks ago I still have till Thursday to return it so if I can't resolve this text messaging issue it looks like I won't have a choice.09-24-2013 02:59 PM
- OK -- bear with me because I don't own an iPhone...
There are a lot of threads similar to this issue floating around. If I recall correctly, simply shutting off your iDevices isn't enough -- what you're supposed to do is go into your iTunes account and remove the iMessage settings from your phone number.
Searching through these forums or Google can definitely give you more info on this subject.09-24-2013 03:39 PM
- I just switched from the iPhone 4 to the Galaxy s4 and have been having problems with receiving texts from people who have updated their iPhones to the iOS 7 operating system. I did everything to try and fix the problem and called ATT for help as well with no outcome. I thought the problem was with my new phone. Then, I Googled the problem and found from another thread that people with iPhones who have downloaded the upgrade had their messaging switched off on their phones by the upgrade. So friends without iPhones will not be receiving texts from people with iPhones. Boo for Apple! What your iPhone friends need to do is go to Settings>Messaging>and click the Send as SMS button ON (make the button green).
I tested this out with my husband whom I was not receiving texts from and it worked. The first message he sent took up to 3-5 minutes to arrive but after that they came instantly.
I really hope this helps!09-25-2013 04:33 PMLike 3
- I have an HTC one which i just got over last weekend, converted from iPhone. Basically, immediately began having this problem with both my significant other and coworkers (whom rely on text messaging a great deal cause we work on the run). After reading this, turned back on my old iPhone, switched off my imessaging and began immediately receiving texts from my GF. Will update tomorrow whether or not it also helped the problem with coworkers but I believe it will.
This was a huge inconvenience to me (especially cause I liked my new phone so much!), thanks for your help!
Edit - so still having the problem. This is supremely frustrating. I think the biggest deal is that the new update turns off people's SMS automatically. They need to manually turn it on themselves to ensure I still get their texts. I really don't understand this entirely though. Frankly I'm confused and frustrated. Whatever. **** Apple. I have to work the next 14 days in a row and I'm stuck staying up tonight trying to figure this out. **** apple.09-25-2013 09:38 PM
- I FIXED IT!
Here's what I did:
Turned off iMessage in my iPad. Didn't work.
Had friends change to "send as SMS" on their iPhones. Didn't work.
Unregistered my old iPhone on Apple. Didn't work.
Finally changed my Apple ID password, and lo and behold, I'm finally getting texts from iPhone's again.
Seriously aggravating because it makes it seems as if it's the Galaxy phone that was the problem, but all along it was Apple. Very sneaky, and VERY obnoxious. Never, ever going back to Apple again.09-27-2013 03:42 PMLike 2
- I had similar problems switching from the iPhone 4 to the htc one. Because the new ios7 update I was not receiving text messages from friends with the update on their phones. However they were receiving my texts. What I had to do to fix the problem was go to Verizon with my old iPhone. From there they deactivated my current phone (HTC One) and reactivated my iPhone 4. Then they turned off the Imessages from my iPhone 4 and deactivated it, and reactivated my HTC One. I now can receive individual text from iPhone users, but still not receiving group messages between iPhone users. If anyone can figure out the problem I'm having between sending/receiving group messages with other Iphones I would greatly appreciate it.09-30-2013 09:27 PM
- Ice from AT&T. Customer changed from iphone to android. Cant receive messages. We put the sim card on the galaxy phone in the iphone and turned off imessage. Now iphone users can't send them imessage but they have to choose the option to send it as a regular text message after every three has been sent. Troublesome. They have to turn of imessage to avoid this. Called apple. Apple told us that iphone users can delete the convo and remove the email on the contact detail because the texts might be sent as an email still. troublesome. Asked if there is another way. apple directed us to supportprofile.apple.com where we can delete the email and number associated with the apple ID. Customer deleted the email and the number on the site but when he hits save the information reappears. Told him to delete and then save and then log out and then log back in. Worked. Email and numbers were removed. We tested messaging. Success! Cx able to recieve text messages from an iphone without any trouble now.10-09-2013 11:52 AM
- i had the same problem. was able to fix it on my own by factory defaulting my old iphone 5 and then setting it back up as a new iphone (not using the previous icloud backup as it seems my number is hard set in the icloud backup thus keeping imessage alive even though my iphone is deactivated) this worked for me and fixed it and is ok becasue i only plan on using my iphone 5 as a ipod to play music going forward10-11-2013 10:43 AM
- My kid has an s4. Stopped getting my iphone texts with the update. She never had a smart phone before and her iTunes acct is just used for her iPod. So do you think changing the password will do anything? I don't see a connection. I changed my password but it didn't help.10-23-2013 09:33 PM
- Chris, I had the same issue as you described. I put my new sim card back into my iPhone and turned off iMessage. I could then get individual messages, but I still cannot get group messages when an iPhone user sends a group message to other iPhone users w/ me included (I'm on S4). Did you ever find a fix for this problem? Hoping you did, I have one more week to decide if I'm returning my phone...10-24-2013 10:10 AM
- Hey I was having the same problem and I have come up with a solution that works!
Friday I purchased a Samsung galaxy note 3 and I was unable to receive text messages from iPhone users who have updated to ios7.
After going back and checking on here for solutions and going back and forth with sprint I was ready to just go back to iPhone. So I went to apple to complain and a guy told me that it is because my number is still connected with Apple so I have to call 1800-my-apple and ask them to unregister my number from my Apple account. After they did it an hour later I was able to receive texts from everyone with an iPhone! The first few times someone text you from a iPhone it may say try again and then it will send as a text message and after a while it gets automatic.10-27-2013 09:09 PM
- I am an iOS user that just switched to a Note 3. I was not receiving group texts or individual texts from my iphone friends. I have 2 iPhones, and 2 ipads. The definitive reason I had texting issues is that I had multiple iOS devices that used iMessaging with the same appleID connected to my cell number, and email address (appleID). All your iphone friends will have your phone number "saved" as an iMessage contact as default. This is the root of the problem. You are still being detected/remembered as an iMessage user by their phones. iMessage is so integrated into iOS that it is difficult to unravel it. After reading a few threads I pieced together how to get rid of iMessage easily.
1) Apple ID is stored in two places: App Store and iMessage separately, log out of both on ALL iOS devices in settings>app store and settings>iMessage.
2) log in to https://appleid.apple.com and change your AppleID to a NEW email address
3) remove your cell phone number from the apple ID
4) log back into all iOS devices using new AppleID and deselect the cell phone number and old appleID email address. check the new email address (New AppleID)
5) Once you do this on all devices your texting will resume to normal. Remember iMessage can be used with email address or phone number that why it is important to get rid of all devices. Leaving just one will screw it up.
6) Once all devices are logged into the app store and iMessage under the new AppleID texting should resume normally.
Make sure you remember to log out of your itunes account and appleTV too.10-29-2013 09:06 PM
- I'm having the same problem as everyone else. Changed from iphone5 to Note 3, now I can't receive texts from iPhones. Strangely my husband can't send texts from his iPhone and he didn't update to iOS7 and his phone is linked to his employer, not our home account. Reading about the devices connected to iTunes accounts has me even more depressed as between me and my kids, we must have at least 12 devices sharing the same iTunes account. I might have to hunt down every device and log out of iTunes and create a new ID?!?10-30-2013 06:39 PM
- I too am having the same issue in receiving txt from iphones with ios7 update. I've done every recommendation on this forum except call my apple to Unregister number. I've deactivated phone in itunes, changed id, changed password, turned off imessage, had someone delete me to add me back, had them turn off imessage, etc. The only thing I can not do is log back in to iPhone with new id because I have no service. I have to have txt for work. Im in sales and its our primary form of communication. I love my new gs4. How do I fix this??? I really dont want to go back to iPhone but I have to be able to receive txt. Any additional help is greatly appreciated.10-31-2013 06:08 PM
- I switch from Iphone 4 to Galaxy S4 as well and wasn't receiving messages, even after I unregistered my number on my apple account, changed that ID, had a couple people delete my contact info and re-save it. So I called Apple and they were able to go into their system and disassociate my number with apple and that fixed my issue.11-06-2013 09:07 AM
- Samsung Android Phones
- Samsung Galaxy S4
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Active
My S4 active is NOT receiving texts from iPhones with iOS 7
- By enomix in forum Verizon LG G2Replies: 32Last Post: 10-17-2013, 08:59 PM
- By fit4ever#AC in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 9Last Post: 09-25-2013, 03:37 PM
- By RHS in forum Droid RAZR MAXX HDReplies: 4Last Post: 09-24-2013, 08:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD