S4 Active: 4.3 Update?

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Us folks over on the regular S4 are all getting 4.3. My ex has the Active and I was wondering if its possible that he is getting it as well?

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: 4.3 Update

Never mind, I do see that some folks have it already. Any major changes?

Samuel Thayer

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

It never fails: you spend the money on a super phone and it gets left by the wayside for accessories and updates. Never again.

Uselessbass

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site

Dont feel to bad att just pulled 4.3 for the regular s4 now for some reason

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

john905r

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

Has anybody gotten the 4.3 update yet??? i am checking everyday. it should be released any day now.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site

Boyfriend just checked and his says nothing at all yet either...I was hoping they dropped it early. Best bet is to expect it tomorrow because thats the date on the leaked doc. Tomorrow or after.

jpgs4a

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site

No update either..ive checked everyday and nothing.At&t nor samsung can tell me anything.Seems like the active is the last..by the time we get the update..4.4 kitkat will be available.

john905r

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

still nothing. att's website says nothing about an update. i dont think this phone is going to get this update!!!!

jpgs4a

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site

On another forum a user in Australia claimed to have gotten the new update soon after the supposed release date.i keep checking my settings for the update every few hours

jpgs4a

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site

You dont have to wait 23 hours to recheck for updates either.just go into settings and manually move your phone forward a day and bam...recheck for an update...please post here as soon as you get the update

pgaultsc69

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

AT&T is not going to release a 4.3 update for the Active. They couldn't get it stable. Instead, they said they will be releasing KitKat 4.4.2 in the 1st quarter of 2014. But to be honest, I wouldn't hold my breathe. I am realizing my Christmas present to myself is turning out to be a depressing dud.

Edited....

Oh yes I agree it is still a very good device. I have it rooted and can remove all the bloat ware and use all my apps that I like to use and I have WiFi hot spot enabled for it on StraightTalk with LTE enabled on my sim, so I am not that disappointed. I am just a tweak-er/tinkerer and don't like the carriers telling me what I can do with my expensive phone that I paid full retail for. That is my biggest complaint. Otherwise, I do love the phone.

I just got use to the 4.3 rom on my skyrocket and love the 4.3 rom experience. I am currently messing around with SafeStrap and 4.3 roms for the regular s4 . I am sure AT&T will release the KitKat update (most likely at the later end of quarter 1 of 2014), but they should at least update this phone at least once with a stable rom beyond 4.2.2. IMO

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs