Can't receive picture text

Lynn Hurd

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Can't receive picture text on my galaxy S4. I can send them but can't receive them. I have phone service with straight talk. Please somebody help. The download starts but always fails

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Can't receive picture text on my galaxy S4. I can send them but can't receive them. I have phone service with straight talk. Please somebody help. The download starts but always fails
Welcome to the forums!

Are you using the stock messaging app or third-party, such as Handcent, Chomp, etc.?

Katelouisa67

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
did you find a solution to this problem as I am having the same thing happen. I did find a thread that suggested receiving picture texts from iphones could be the problem and that the iPhone had to change its setting.

Katelouisa67

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I came across this in another forum

1 go to settings

2 wireless and network

3 mobile networks

4 access point names

5 click menu button

6 reset and You are done

I then switched my phone off and back on again and have received my first picture text :)

nanoose

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Katielouisa67 this worked!! The people in the phone shop was suggesting all kinda of downloads which was crazy. Thanks again!

jfe58

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
The fix above worked for me too except when someone using an iPhone sends me a picture. We're both on AT&T. I'm Android and the other is Apple. Never figured that one out.

kdw11005

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
I also have my S4 through straight talk and tried the fix posted by Katelouisa67 but it didn't work for my phone :( any other suggestions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol