Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pantherdaddy27
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery options for Galaxy S4 Active

Hi. I am looking for a battery for the Galaxy S4 active that increases battery life but doesn't add bulk so it will still fit in my Otterbox. Does such a product exist? I've seen the ones that increase but have a different back cover because they are bigger. I'm looking for a battery that is the same size but holds the charge longer. I use my phone a lot and the battery only lasts me about 8 hours! I'm going to try some of the battery saving tips I have seen, but if I can find a different battery, that would be awesome! Thanks!

Default Re: Battery options for Galaxy S4 Active

I would guess that if you want longer battery life you have 2 options:
    1) turn off all features you're not using. The more stuff you turn off, the dumber your phone becomes but you will increase your battery life. Due to the nature of my job, I have Bluetooth and NFC turned off all the time. I have location set to use network only (GPS off). Plus I only enable Data when I am on break, but when I'm working I have it turned off. I know this isn't an ideal situation for everyone, but for me it really helps battery life.
    2) purchase an extended battery and cover. This will increase battery life, but at the cost of limiting your choices in cases.

Simply put, short of turning your smartphone into a dumbphone by turning off its most useful (and battery hungry) features - you're going to have to buy an extended battery. Some battery manufacturers offer combo kits (extended battery, new back cover, and case that is designed for the extra battery size).
    "I can only see half of what's going on
    But i'm alright
    'Cause I can still smile"

Wide Mouth Mason - Smile

Global Posts
    6,208 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

If you just forego leaving location services and bluetooth on you can extend battery life notably. Whether or not those are important features that you feel need to be on all the time (or else you'll have a dumb phone) is up to you.

CM on OgPro
    Live long and prosper.

I get almost 18 hours on a stock but rooted OS. Use titanimn back up to ferzze the bloatware and use battery doctor with juice defender plus.
    Do all the settings right and you can get great battery life

Posted via Android Central App
    Haalcyon likes this.