1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AT&T galaxy s4 active to tmobile prepaid?

New guy here. I was wondering If there's a way I can unlock the AT&T Galaxy s4 active and make it work for a Tmobile prepaid plan? Thanks

Default Re: AT&T galaxy s4 active to tmobile prepaid?

Call AT&T customer service and they will give you the unlock code for your phone. Call t-mobile and get a SIM card

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: AT&T galaxy s4 active to tmobile prepaid?

I just went through this...it wasn't as easy as I expected, thus I'm posting to help others want to use a AT&T S4 Active on T-mobile; I found that my voice and data service was spotty, even nonexistent because of the AT&T network/APN configurations. If you have any issues, the following should resolve:

Once you unlock the phone and insert your T-mobile SIM.

1. Set your APN setting to what T-mobile provides on their site () . Make sure any and all characters, even, "*" are cleared from fields that do not have settings. One you have adjusted/saved the APN settings, restart your phone.

2. Pull up your dial pad and enter *#*#4636#*#*. Press "Device information", below all the phone's data, touch the grey box displaying the network type the phone is set to. Press the network type, A list will appear-> select "LTE/GSM auto (PRL)". Hit the home button, restart phone.

From there, your AT&T Galaxy S4 Active should work on the prepaid T-mobile SIM without issue.

Goodluck