Internet Connectivity Proxy Settings Problem

KSaunders12

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I chose to update my Galaxy S4 Active to 4.3 over night, and when I woke up, it was completed, but trying to use a valid WiFi connection results in "Unable to connect to proxy server" error in the default browser app, and Chrome. I checked my internet connection settings and the proxy settings are turned off, yet it has been having this problem for over a day now. Even though I am having problems, the Instagram app still works fine, and everything is loading fine in it, but apps like Twitter, Snapchat, Google Chrome, and many others are having connectivity problems. The problem isn't my internet, because it is working fine on my laptop, so I have no idea what is wrong. It was working fine before I updated, so it has to be a problem with the new update. It is driving me insane, and it is upsetting that my phone is now rendered pretty much useless! Does ANYBODY have a clue what could be wrong, or know a fix to the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I chose to update my Galaxy S4 Active to 4.3 over night, and when I woke up, it was completed, but trying to use a valid WiFi connection results in "Unable to connect to proxy server" error in the default browser app, and Chrome. I checked my internet connection settings and the proxy settings are turned off, yet it has been having this problem for over a day now. Even though I am having problems, the Instagram app still works fine, and everything is loading fine in it, but apps like Twitter, Snapchat, Google Chrome, and many others are having connectivity problems. The problem isn't my internet, because it is working fine on my laptop, so I have no idea what is wrong. It was working fine before I updated, so it has to be a problem with the new update. It is driving me insane, and it is upsetting that my phone is now rendered pretty much useless! Does ANYBODY have a clue what could be wrong, or know a fix to the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

well, in that case i would suggest you to clear your cache and the data stored by the device you can do this by going to the task manager> downloaded>select the application (i.e. chrome......... etc) and clear the cache and the data. Now restart the device and then try to use it ... hope it works for you .... :)

KSaunders12

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
well, in that case i would suggest you to clear your cache and the data stored by the device you can do this by going to the task manager> downloaded>select the application (i.e. chrome......... etc) and clear the cache and the data. Now restart the device and then try to use it ... hope it works for you .... :)
Thanks for replying, Kelly, but I tried what you said, and I sill get the same problem.

KSaunders12

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Do you think factory resetting my phone would work? I am REALLY regretting doing this, so I haven't done it yet. I might take it to the AT&T store to see if they know what the problem is first, but if that doesn't work, I am factory resetting it.

KSaunders12

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I factory reset my phone and it is now working. If anybody else is getting this error, backup what you can using Samsung Kies, reset your phone, and then restore it. This should fix it.

DEKCREATE

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Here's how I resolved the problem with connecting to the internet on my Samsung Galaxy Android

I went to settings - clicked on Wi-Fi - chose the network I wanted to connect to - pressed it down for 2 seconds and a window pops up - I chose Modify Network - and scrolled down to "show advanced options" - I clicked on it and under Proxy Settings I clicked on None - I clicked Save

I'm not having any issues connecting now.

Hope that helps

abdullah7396

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site

Answer

Just deleate the proxy in apn on ur mobile internet settings

It will work sure

TutorPros1

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Well...8 months later, and your advice just worked for me.

It's strange because on my phone (Galaxy Mega), they give you a pop-up that basically says, "Choose "Advanced Options", put "localhost" as your proxy, and "2020" for the port."

This worked fine for the last 6 months, but today, I couldn't get any internet access...nothing.

I force-stopped my browser, re-started the phone, re-entered the phone's instructions, etc. etc,...Same problem.

I've stopped trying to understand why these things happen, so I appreciate your solution, regardless of whether it sticks or not.

-Danny.

P.S. If you see something valid as to the way Galaxy wants me to set up the proxies, please let me know.
Having an internet connection is paramount, but having it using what Galaxy says to use, would be great.

David Wilkerson1

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same problem on my S4 phone. My carrier is Verizon though. It seems that every time I change my settings to take the proxy settings out and save it, something keeps changing it back. I will have internet one moment and then the next when the proxy server goes down my internet gets cut off. It does it with ALL my Wi-Fi connections no matter what the location and every one connects to the same proxy server. The proxy server it connects to is 127.0.0.1 with a port of 3128. I have tried doing a settings reset which did not work and Verizon also suggested a factory reset which was where I drew the line... I had JUST gotten the phone and had it set up with a premium version of Kaspersky Total Internet Security as well as finishing installing all my apps and games (of which I never had the issue on ANY of my other phones.) I had not installed anything different from my previous phone to this one and I never had this problem with my old Alcatel One Touch Fierce phone. I called Kaspersky Technical support to help try to solve this problem a few hours ago. They sent me an Email and I sent one back with all the pertinent details about my phone that they had asked. Until I find out different, I am treating my phone like it has some sort of logging virus and I suggest EVERYONE who is having this same issue do the same. Don't use the phone for personal banking or use credit card information on it and NEVER give out sensitive personal information through your phone's web browsers no matter what the browser. This started for me shortly after I had moved on April 1st, 2015. I'm afraid it may have started for everyone with a Samsung S4 around that time. If ANYONE has any answers with practical solutions I would love to hear them.

Mohamed Samir8

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Help please guys i did every thing to solve this ****in problem but still nothing also i reset my mobile and still have it help help help please:':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)'(

Jerry Clancy

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for the "hold down WiFi trick. It, in fact, did the trick on this proxy issue.

It would appear that the Android update (to 5.0.1) created the problem but there is no way to be sure.

Olney Nate

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
There's clearly a bug here, either in baseline android or in Samsung's adaptation. After fixing 1 such bad network config on my TM-320 tablet, I config'd a new network, noticing that the default proxy setting was off. Once I finished the new config, I checked its advanced settings: sure enough, a proxy had been enabled at 127.0.0.1, so I immediately disabled it.