1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Thumbs down Internet Connectivity Proxy Settings Problem

I chose to update my Galaxy S4 Active to 4.3 over night, and when I woke up, it was completed, but trying to use a valid WiFi connection results in "Unable to connect to proxy server" error in the default browser app, and Chrome. I checked my internet connection settings and the proxy settings are turned off, yet it has been having this problem for over a day now. Even though I am having problems, the Instagram app still works fine, and everything is loading fine in it, but apps like Twitter, Snapchat, Google Chrome, and many others are having connectivity problems. The problem isn't my internet, because it is working fine on my laptop, so I have no idea what is wrong. It was working fine before I updated, so it has to be a problem with the new update. It is driving me insane, and it is upsetting that my phone is now rendered pretty much useless! Does ANYBODY have a clue what could be wrong, or know a fix to the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Default Re: Internet Connectivity Proxy Settings Problem

Quote Originally Posted by KSaunders12 View Post
    I chose to update my Galaxy S4 Active to 4.3 over night, and when I woke up, it was completed, but trying to use a valid WiFi connection results in "Unable to connect to proxy server" error in the default browser app, and Chrome. I checked my internet connection settings and the proxy settings are turned off, yet it has been having this problem for over a day now. Even though I am having problems, the Instagram app still works fine, and everything is loading fine in it, but apps like Twitter, Snapchat, Google Chrome, and many others are having connectivity problems. The problem isn't my internet, because it is working fine on my laptop, so I have no idea what is wrong. It was working fine before I updated, so it has to be a problem with the new update. It is driving me insane, and it is upsetting that my phone is now rendered pretty much useless! Does ANYBODY have a clue what could be wrong, or know a fix to the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    well, in that case i would suggest you to clear your cache and the data stored by the device you can do this by going to the task manager> downloaded>select the application (i.e. chrome......... etc) and clear the cache and the data. Now restart the device and then try to use it ... hope it works for you ....
    Kelly Burby
    Senior Web Analyst
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Burby View Post
    well, in that case i would suggest you to clear your cache and the data stored by the device you can do this by going to the task manager> downloaded>select the application (i.e. chrome......... etc) and clear the cache and the data. Now restart the device and then try to use it ... hope it works for you ....
    Thanks for replying, Kelly, but I tried what you said, and I sill get the same problem.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Do you think factory resetting my phone would work? I am REALLY regretting doing this, so I haven't done it yet. I might take it to the AT&T store to see if they know what the problem is first, but if that doesn't work, I am factory resetting it.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I factory reset my phone and it is now working. If anybody else is getting this error, backup what you can using Samsung Kies, reset your phone, and then restore it. This should fix it.