Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Thumbs down Internet Connectivity Proxy Settings Problem

I chose to update my Galaxy S4 Active to 4.3 over night, and when I woke up, it was completed, but trying to use a valid WiFi connection results in "Unable to connect to proxy server" error in the default browser app, and Chrome. I checked my internet connection settings and the proxy settings are turned off, yet it has been having this problem for over a day now. Even though I am having problems, the Instagram app still works fine, and everything is loading fine in it, but apps like Twitter, Snapchat, Google Chrome, and many others are having connectivity problems. The problem isn't my internet, because it is working fine on my laptop, so I have no idea what is wrong. It was working fine before I updated, so it has to be a problem with the new update. It is driving me insane, and it is upsetting that my phone is now rendered pretty much useless! Does ANYBODY have a clue what could be wrong, or know a fix to the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: Internet Connectivity Proxy Settings Problem

Quote Originally Posted by KSaunders12 View Post
    I chose to update my Galaxy S4 Active to 4.3 over night, and when I woke up, it was completed, but trying to use a valid WiFi connection results in "Unable to connect to proxy server" error in the default browser app, and Chrome. I checked my internet connection settings and the proxy settings are turned off, yet it has been having this problem for over a day now. Even though I am having problems, the Instagram app still works fine, and everything is loading fine in it, but apps like Twitter, Snapchat, Google Chrome, and many others are having connectivity problems. The problem isn't my internet, because it is working fine on my laptop, so I have no idea what is wrong. It was working fine before I updated, so it has to be a problem with the new update. It is driving me insane, and it is upsetting that my phone is now rendered pretty much useless! Does ANYBODY have a clue what could be wrong, or know a fix to the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    well, in that case i would suggest you to clear your cache and the data stored by the device you can do this by going to the task manager> downloaded>select the application (i.e. chrome......... etc) and clear the cache and the data. Now restart the device and then try to use it ... hope it works for you ....
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Burby View Post
    well, in that case i would suggest you to clear your cache and the data stored by the device you can do this by going to the task manager> downloaded>select the application (i.e. chrome......... etc) and clear the cache and the data. Now restart the device and then try to use it ... hope it works for you ....
    Thanks for replying, Kelly, but I tried what you said, and I sill get the same problem.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Do you think factory resetting my phone would work? I am REALLY regretting doing this, so I haven't done it yet. I might take it to the AT&T store to see if they know what the problem is first, but if that doesn't work, I am factory resetting it.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I factory reset my phone and it is now working. If anybody else is getting this error, backup what you can using Samsung Kies, reset your phone, and then restore it. This should fix it.

Here's how I resolved the problem with connecting to the internet on my Samsung Galaxy Android

I went to settings - clicked on Wi-Fi - chose the network I wanted to connect to - pressed it down for 2 seconds and a window pops up - I chose Modify Network - and scrolled down to "show advanced options" - I clicked on it and under Proxy Settings I clicked on None - I clicked Save

I'm not having any issues connecting now.

Hope that helps

Thanks so much...this really fix my problem. Tap on the wifi,modified it to none and that should help

Thanks
    It worked for me...

Great. Clear accurate solution.

thank you thank you thank you for posting this solution for the droid dunces like me! Fixed mine too x

Thank you! My problem solved as well!

Quote Originally Posted by KSaunders12 View Post

Answer

Just deleate the proxy in apn on ur mobile internet settings

It will work sure
    TutorPros1 likes this.

Well...8 months later, and your advice just worked for me.

It's strange because on my phone (Galaxy Mega), they give you a pop-up that basically says, "Choose "Advanced Options", put "localhost" as your proxy, and "2020" for the port."

This worked fine for the last 6 months, but today, I couldn't get any internet access...nothing.

I force-stopped my browser, re-started the phone, re-entered the phone's instructions, etc. etc,...Same problem.

I've stopped trying to understand why these things happen, so I appreciate your solution, regardless of whether it sticks or not.

-Danny.

P.S. If you see something valid as to the way Galaxy wants me to set up the proxies, please let me know.
    Having an internet connection is paramount, but having it using what Galaxy says to use, would be great.

Exclamation Re: Internet Connectivity Proxy Settings Problem

I am having the same problem on my S4 phone. My carrier is Verizon though. It seems that every time I change my settings to take the proxy settings out and save it, something keeps changing it back. I will have internet one moment and then the next when the proxy server goes down my internet gets cut off. It does it with ALL my Wi-Fi connections no matter what the location and every one connects to the same proxy server. The proxy server it connects to is 127.0.0.1 with a port of 3128. I have tried doing a settings reset which did not work and Verizon also suggested a factory reset which was where I drew the line... I had JUST gotten the phone and had it set up with a premium version of Kaspersky Total Internet Security as well as finishing installing all my apps and games (of which I never had the issue on ANY of my other phones.) I had not installed anything different from my previous phone to this one and I never had this problem with my old Alcatel One Touch Fierce phone. I called Kaspersky Technical support to help try to solve this problem a few hours ago. They sent me an Email and I sent one back with all the pertinent details about my phone that they had asked. Until I find out different, I am treating my phone like it has some sort of logging virus and I suggest EVERYONE who is having this same issue do the same. Don't use the phone for personal banking or use credit card information on it and NEVER give out sensitive personal information through your phone's web browsers no matter what the browser. This started for me shortly after I had moved on April 1st, 2015. I'm afraid it may have started for everyone with a Samsung S4 around that time. If ANYONE has any answers with practical solutions I would love to hear them.

Unhappy Re: Internet Connectivity Proxy Settings Problem

Help please guys i did every thing to solve this ****in problem but still nothing also i reset my mobile and still have it help help help please

Thank you for the "hold down WiFi trick. It, in fact, did the trick on this proxy issue.

It would appear that the Android update (to 5.0.1) created the problem but there is no way to be sure.

Thanks so mutch!
    You resolve my problem!
    A hug from Portugal

There's clearly a bug here, either in baseline android or in Samsung's adaptation. After fixing 1 such bad network config on my TM-320 tablet, I config'd a new network, noticing that the default proxy setting was off. Once I finished the new config, I checked its advanced settings: sure enough, a proxy had been enabled at 127.0.0.1, so I immediately disabled it.

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!

thanx it works...

THANKS A LOT DEKCREATE ....i was so distressed that i cant explain ...i just didnt want to reset my phone hopefully i read your suggestion...thanks a lot dear

Thank you its good now working

Unhappy Re: Internet Connectivity Proxy Settings Problem

Hi please help me i have a samsung s4 that is not connecting to internet /running very slow which is very odd as i have unlimited data on my plan ..

i keep seeing error timed out or no internet connection on many apps such as internet snapchat most off the daily apps i use ?? ive now factory reset the device also .. i tried to install es file explorer to do root explorer on the device but wont let me either keeps saying test failed feature cant run on device ?? please please help me resolve this problem as my network providers are not the best and dont seem to be helping with this issue ...

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by dekcreate View Post
    here's how i resolved the problem with connecting to the internet on my samsung galaxy android

i went to settings - clicked on wi-fi - chose the network i wanted to connect to - pressed it down for 2 seconds and a window pops up - i chose modify network - and scrolled down to "show advanced options" - i clicked on it and under proxy settings i clicked on none - i clicked save

i'm not having any issues connecting now.

Hope that helps
    this is how to fix the problem... Follow instructions above.. This is how i fix my note.. You have to keep doing this each time you connect to wifi...

I've problem with proxy, please help

I connect through my college wifi which using proxy + username and password, but some apps like BBM, DISCORD, and many games can't connect to internet, how di i solve this problem?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast