Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Annoying problem playing movies from micro sd

Hi people im all new to this forum stuff but after weeks of trailing the web for forums on sd problems and finding no possible solution ive finally given up trying to solve this myself and seek help from you guys who probably have far more knowledge on these issues so any help from anyone could save me from going slightly crazy

I have a samsung s4 active and have recently fitted a supposedly genuine samsung 64gb micro sd card from a well known auction site, all the packaging seemed genuine and was well sealed but ive disposed of that now so cant find a way to determin weather it is or not. So the problems started when i began transering my movies, I can only seem to move 2 movies accross to it, as soon as i copy the 3rd it usually only plays about a 3rd of the film before i get errors saying unable to play video and all movies from then on dont play at all. All movies play fine on the internal memory.

Many users have suggested formatting the sd in a pc in exfat format, which was my next step. The format was fine and so i continued to repeat transfering my movies but the same problem persists. Looking at the storage info in settings, all file sizes seem fine and sd card is showing pretty much full storage.

Also I get intermittent 'Card unexpectedly removed / Blank sd' errors which looks to be true but usually a reset would solve this problem. I am coming to the conclusion that the card may be corrupt but is there a way of telling?

If anyone has any solution to this or if you've experienced the same problems and found any fixes it would save me from a long suffering headache.
    Also my device hasnt been rooted.

Global Posts
    7,652 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Annoying problem playing movies from micro sd

Quote Originally Posted by rmbuk75 View Post
    Hi people im all new to this forum stuff but after weeks of trailing the web for forums on sd problems and finding no possible solution ive finally given up trying to solve this myself and seek help from you guys who probably have far more knowledge on these issues so any help from anyone could save me from going slightly crazy

I have a samsung s4 active and have recently fitted a supposedly genuine samsung 64gb micro sd card from a well known auction site, all the packaging seemed genuine and was well sealed but ive disposed of that now so cant find a way to determin weather it is or not. So the problems started when i began transering my movies, I can only seem to move 2 movies accross to it, as soon as i copy the 3rd it usually only plays about a 3rd of the film before i get errors saying unable to play video and all movies from then on dont play at all. All movies play fine on the internal memory.

Many users have suggested formatting the sd in a pc in exfat format, which was my next step. The format was fine and so i continued to repeat transfering my movies but the same problem persists. Looking at the storage info in settings, all file sizes seem fine and sd card is showing pretty much full storage.

Also I get intermittent 'Card unexpectedly removed / Blank sd' errors which looks to be true but usually a reset would solve this problem. I am coming to the conclusion that the card may be corrupt but is there a way of telling?

If anyone has any solution to this or if you've experienced the same problems and found any fixes it would save me from a long suffering headache.
    Also my device hasnt been rooted.
    Welcome to the forums!

64 GB (and maybe 32 GB as well) cards have issues with S4 (and S3) devices. I'm not sure what exactly the issue is, but Users have reported that brand has a lot to do with the issues. I think the official Samsung and SanDisk cards work best, though can't be certain as I don't have the device to say for certain. I've also heard that Ex partitions have fixed the issue for some, so it's worth a try.