Need to change my keyboard default
Before my last S4 update, I had a keyboard (can't remember what it was called) that had a row of numbers on the top AND a little speaker icon that allowed me to type using my voice. But it also allowed me to swipe. Somehow it got defaulted back to the stock Samsung keyboard with Swype (and numbers on the top row but the speaker icon is gone). I've tried various combinations to get back to what I had but I can't find it. Any thoughts?
- 05-22-2014, 06:17 PM #3
- 05-23-2014, 02:31 AM #4
Re: Need to change my keyboard default
That is definitely the stock Samsung keyboard. After the update, you need to enable Voice Typing for the microphone button to reappear.
- Open the Settings menu (either from the left hard key while on the home screen or from the Settings App)
- Go to the My Device tab
- Scroll down to Language & input
- Check the checkbox for Google voice typing
Sprint: Palm 700p, Palm Treo Pro, HTC Touch, HP Palm Pre, Motorola Admiral, Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G (4.2.2);
Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (5.0.1); Samsung Galaxy S6 edge (5.1.1)
Sprint: HP Palm Pre, LG Viper 4G LTE (ICS); Vizio VTAB1008 Tablet (3.0);
Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (5.0.1); Samsung Note 5; Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
Nabi2 tablets (ICS); Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0;
AT&T: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (5.0.1)
Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
- By noteiii007 in forum T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 3Last Post: 01-31-2014, 03:24 AM
- By knotquiteawake in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 21Last Post: 01-30-2014, 04:49 PM
- By comptech520 in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 2Last Post: 01-27-2014, 12:25 PM
- By PiggyMiddle in forum Moto G (2013)Replies: 2Last Post: 01-27-2014, 11:27 AM
- By eternoui in forum Android App InventorReplies: 0Last Post: 01-27-2014, 09:58 AM