Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By abrennan94
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Cool Data won't work, what are the correct APN settings and how can I set them?

I have recently bought a supposedly unlocked galaxy s4 active at&t and switched it to straight talk. The phone works but I cant get the data to work. I followed the directions they gave me to edit the apn settings, but it wont allow me to edit anything. Does anyone know how to change them or what I should do.
    Michael Ferrell likes this.

Default Re: Data won't work, what are the correct APN settings and how can I set them?

I had the same issues. But my phone is not unlocked.

Name- straight talk
    APN- tfdata
    Proxy, port, user name, psw, server_ NOT SET
    MMSC- http://mms-tf.net
    MMS port- 80
    MCC- 310
    MNC- 410

These are the ones the tech gave me. Only issue my text will not work at all. They told me it is not supported by straight talk network

Default Re: Data won't work, what are the correct APN settings and how can I set them?

Hi I have a galaxy s4 active I just activated it to straight talk byop (at&t) everything works except I can't browse the internet or send/receive mms. I've been reading different things online tried many apns none worked FINALLY one worked my phone went to 4g I sent an mms and received one back and checked fb LOL this is what I used...
    APN: tfdata
    MMSC: http://mms-tf.net
    MMS PROXY: mms.tracfone.com
    MMS PORT: 80
    APN TYPE: default,supl,mms
    Then BAM as soon as I turned my Wi-Fi on 4g disappeared now there is an E? Not sure why I tried turning my Wi-Fi off and nothing can't do what I could just a minute ago PLEASE HELP I'm not sure if it's just because I have bad signal where I live or because the apn settings..

Posted via Android Central App