Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S4 Active Update

Anyone receive the kitkat update yet? I'm hoping this update fixes the wi-fi, signal and call quality issues. Any inputs?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using AC Forums mobile app
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-07-2014 at 09:05 AM.

Default Re: SG4 Active Update

Still waiting over here.

Posted via Android Central App

Angry Re: Galaxy S4 Active Update

Quote Originally Posted by deborah3756 View Post
    Anyone receive the kitkat update yet? I'm hoping this update fixes the wi-fi, signal and call quality issues. Any inputsajo?

I had to do a factory reset after doing AT&T update for my Samsung Galaxy S4 b/c I had no phone or text messaging functions working after spending 90 minutes installing update that had major issues according to tech at AT&T. Tech informed me the update works on some Samsung devices and messes up others!!!!!. AT&T suggested I go to a store other than theirs to get my phone fixed. Why should I have to pay BestBuy tech to fix my phone!!!!! Google again puts their bloatware onto the update. Suggestion don't update to 4.4.2 sent from AT&T a month ago!!!!! I still can't get my text messages to notify onscreen or tone. Will only notify by vibration and I have checked every setting in Applications. The only good thing that came out of resetting by to factory and 4.2 update, I now have apps that don't decide to run in background and saves me on recharging battery

Any ideas of ridding phone of KNOX Manager and KNOX services? Causing some issues with bluetooth setup in Prius while using Pandora.
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: Galaxy S4 Active Update

Any up dates on 4.4.2 on the s4 active?

I got nothing. I'm assuming that this is normal due to the millions of phones out there and not due to this being an S4 Active issue in particular.

Edit: apparently the update isn't available yet for the Active due to software differences.

Last edited by Technosticrati; 03-15-2014 at 06:51 PM.

Global Posts
    721 Global Posts

At&t always drips the Active update separate because it needs to be a different configuration. It took them so long last time (or so I heard) because they couldn't get it stable on the Active. There is an Active in our house and never any idea when updates will show up cause AT&T doesn't seem to know either, or care for that matter. It pisses me off so much, if they are going to release a phone, they need to support it just as much and as often as they support the ever important iPhone or even the regular S4. Carriers give in so much to mainstream BS. It's just like high school all over again...If you're not everyone's favorite, you don't get attention....ugh.

~~ You have a cough? Go home tonight, eat a whole box of Ex-Lax, tomorrow you'll be afraid to cough.

Quote Originally Posted by troshs View Post
    At&t always drips the Active update separate because it needs to be a different configuration. It took them so long last time (or so I heard) because they couldn't get it stable on the Active. There is an Active in our house and never any idea when updates will show up cause AT&T doesn't seem to know either, or care for that matter. It pisses me off so much, if they are going to release a phone, they need to support it just as much and as often as they support the ever important iPhone or even the regular S4. Carriers give in so much to mainstream BS. It's just like high school all over again...If you're not everyone's favorite, you don't get attention....ugh.

It is my understanding that the only diffence between the S4 and the S4 Active is the camera. So, other than a few slight changes to the camera app, what configuration changes do they have to figure out? Oh yea, and the 2 little pop ups that remind you how to keep it watertight.
    Mine- Sprint: Palm 700p, Palm Treo Pro, HTC Touch, HP Palm Pre, Motorola Admiral, Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G (Jellybean 4.2.2);
    AT&T: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (4.4.2)
    Wife's - Sprint: HP Palm Pre, LG Viper 4G LTE (ICS); Vizio VTAB1008 Tablet (Honeycomb); AT&T: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (4.4.2)
    Daughters' - Nabi2 tablets (ICS)

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.

Global Posts
    721 Global Posts

I have no idea but here's a list of differences: http://www.phonearena.com/phones/com...ones/7840,7597

Sent from my S4 to you via Tapatalk ON KITKAT 4.4 (Finally!) 🍫
    ~~ You have a cough? Go home tonight, eat a whole box of Ex-Lax, tomorrow you'll be afraid to cough.

Quote Originally Posted by troshs View Post
    I have no idea but here's a list of differences: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active vs Samsung Galaxy S4 - Phone specs comparison

Sent from my S4 to you via Tapatalk ON KITKAT 4.4 (Finally!) 🍫
    Hmmm, interesting. I forgot about the different screens. There is also a slight difference in the radio frequencies too. I would guess that the radio would be the biggest challenge for the updates.
    Mine- Sprint: Palm 700p, Palm Treo Pro, HTC Touch, HP Palm Pre, Motorola Admiral, Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G (Jellybean 4.2.2);
    AT&T: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (4.4.2)
    Wife's - Sprint: HP Palm Pre, LG Viper 4G LTE (ICS); Vizio VTAB1008 Tablet (Honeycomb); AT&T: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (4.4.2)
    Daughters' - Nabi2 tablets (ICS)

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts

When I didn't receive the first update from AT&T, I went into the local BestBuy store where there was a Samsung Rep (who worked FOR SAMSUNG) and took care of me.

He updated me to v4.3 and am thinking of doing the same (seeing if anyone is there to update me to v4.4.2).

I'd love to be a Beta Tester for Samsung!

Global Posts
    721 Global Posts

We tried that too but our rep said the Active wasn't compatible with his software.

I have the 4.4 on my G 8.4 tablet and I dont see the difference between 4.3 and 4.4

Quote Originally Posted by shawtylo1940 View Post
    I have the 4.4 on my G 8.4 tablet and I dont see the difference between 4.3 and 4.4

It's not really changes in the UI that make up the difference. It's supposed to be things like better battery life and minor software tweaks like Google Photos Auto Awesome.