S4 Active GT-i9295 unlocked -cannot turn on 4G LTE

Zoltan Seewald

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone any suggestions on how to get the 4G LTE going on this model ?
I have tried the "Viaero 4G toggle" but for some reason it doesn't open/ work on my device...?!?

Any suggestions much appreciated ...

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central :)
Are you using it on a carrier that supports 4G LTE? And do they have it deployed in the city where you live?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Zoltan Seewald

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Yes. I'm using a mini SIM from T Mobile, that has been tested/used before on a different device. So I know it works on 4G LTE.
Yes. I know I have 4G coverage.
All I'm getting is the E (EDGE) or H (HSPDA) H+depending on location. But no 4G

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes. I'm using a mini SIM from T Mobile, that has been tested/used before on a different device. So I know it works on 4G LTE.
Yes. I know I have 4G coverage.
All I'm getting is the E (EDGE) or H (HSPDA) H+depending on location. But no 4G

H+ is what the carriers label as 4G (At least in the US). Have you checked if the APN is the same on the S4 as it was on the devices getting LTE.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Zoltan Seewald

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the info.

The device I used before (also an S4 active) was a AT&T model. I no longer have, so I can't check the APN any more.
I was having problems with it, dropping network connection intermittently. Not sure if it was the compatibility of AT&T (phone) vs T Mobile (carrier). I ended up returning it since the seller tough it might be a hardware problem...

This device, the GT -i9295, is an brand new, factory unlocked, international version though. Not sure if that has anything to do with not being able to connect/ set for the 4G LTE ?!?.

Any suggestions are really appreciated ...
And yes. I am, and using it in the US.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad