Samsung Galaxy S4 Active consuming too much RAM

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Well my Samsung Galaxy S4 Active consumes approxmently 1GB out of 1.8GB when I press the "Free RAM" button...my friend's Samsung Note II uses only 700Mb...when he press the "Free RAM" button of course...any advice/thoughts?

Uselessbass

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Go into application manager then check the 'running apps' there u can see what's using the ram up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
yjy3emun.jpg

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Ok but it's weird that doesnt free much memory when I press the button...I have also a couple of "free ram" apps like cache cleaner and Advanced Task Manager...maybe they affect the phone

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
First of all, don't use task killers. They will actually slow your phone down, and reduce your battery life. And second, Android is designed to use more RAM. Free RAM is wasted RAM. I can explain it in more detail if you want me to :)

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Of course I want and thank you for that! Am a new adroid user! iOS is so much easier than Android

Android keeps temporary data for apps. This helps the app load faster, and increases the speed, because it doesn't have to load it into memory again. It also keeps the apps running, so when you open it, it doesn't have to start all over again. Android also figures out which apps you use the most, and keeps those apps in memory.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The only time you should be clearing RAM is when you start to see performance issues. Even then, a restart does wonders.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173