Galaxy S4 Active random shut off?

valcikae

May 29, 2014
Visit site
My Galaxy S4 Active is no more than 3 months old and for the past week has been shutting off whenever I bump it (toss on couch, place on counter too quickly, etc.). My battery is fine (a lot of others had problems with their batteries but mines fine) I've even tried using a different one and still whenever it's bumped it will shut down.
Has anyone else had this problem?
And if so, is there a way to fix it myself rather than buying a new phone all together?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Check the phone's battery contacts--if they look a little dirty, try cleaning them with a cotton swap dipped in rubbing alcohol. Also see if the battery seems a little loose when seated. If so, you could try wedging a small folded piece of paper or something into one of the edges to make the fit more snug.

Uselessbass

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had that problem but I will say I have accidentally shut the phone off many times since its so heavy anytime the power button rests upon somthing, the phone will shutdown tricks me always thinking phone took a crap or something

Posted via Android Central App

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
My boyfriend has the same problem...his restarts or shuts off when ever he sets it down too hard. It started after he accidentally dropped it in fryer oil (not heated). I thought that maybe that was the issue. His is over 7 months old.

Posted via Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Check the phone's battery contacts--if they look a little dirty, try cleaning them with a cotton swap dipped in rubbing alcohol. Also see if the battery seems a little loose when seated. If so, you could try wedging a small folded piece of paper or something into one of the edges to make the fit more snug.

+1

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie