Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Case?

Hey...so I am going to get the s5 Active and I figure this is the best place to ask.

Do I need a clunky otterbox type case, or is the "ruggedness" of the phone to either just get a screen cover/slim case?

Global Posts
    24,633 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Default Re: Case?

Welcome to the forums.
    I personally like the 2 piece Bodyglove cases. One has an integrated screen protector, and the overall case protects quite well from bumps and drops. It's easy to take apart, as I like to have my devices out of cases when I am home.

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry

If u are getting a s5 active I would not bother with a case considering that's a main selling point of the phone is ruggedness I'm pretty sure it will hold up well hell my old s4 active has held up almost a year now without a case and its not a rugged phone by no means

Posted via Android Central App

I'm a firm believer in putting a case on, not sure that you'd need the expensive otterbox style case but even though they are more 'rugged' phones they still need the added protection. I didn't put one on my S4 Active and it has taken a pretty good beating and you can tell it has lived a rough life.

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Welcome to the forums.
    I personally like the 2 piece Bodyglove cases. One has an integrated screen protector, and the overall case protects quite well from bumps and drops. It's easy to take apart, as I like to have my devices out of cases when I am home.
    So, are most in agreement that the 2-piece Bodyglove case for the S4 Active would be a good bet for a protective case? Is their a Bodyglove case specific for the 4S Active that will properly align with all of the buttons one needs to access? I'm looking for a case that's not too bulky but still offers some protection.

What if we buy a wireless charging mat for which one needs to install a thin receiver inside the phone (I'm considering this to help extend the life of the rubber door which protects the micro USB port)? Will that make the phone too thick for most cases, or not?

Thanks to all for any help they can provide on the Bodyglove case for the S4 Active, any other suggestion for cases and whether getting a wireless charger will thicken the phone too much to accept many cases.