Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Phone is difficult to wake up.... sometimes

My wife & I both have the s4 Active (1 grey, 1 blue but I doubt that matters). Sometimes, it is difficult to get the phone to wake up (meaning the screen won't come on) when a message is received. Pressing either the home button or the power button don't do anything & then 30 seconds or so it will finally wake. Sometimes I can resolve it by long pressing the home button & clearing all the recent apps but most of the time it requires a reboot to resolve.

Anyone else have this issue? And, more importantly, anyone have a solution?
    Mine- Sprint: Palm 700p, Palm Treo Pro, HTC Touch, HP Palm Pre, Motorola Admiral, Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G (Jellybean 4.2.2);
    AT&T: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (4.4.2)
    Wife's - Sprint: HP Palm Pre, LG Viper 4G LTE (ICS); Vizio VTAB1008 Tablet (Honeycomb); AT&T: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (4.4.2)
    Daughters' - Nabi2 tablets (ICS)

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    Banned

Default Re: Phone is difficult to wake up.... sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by prolongExistence View Post
    My wife & I both have the s4 Active (1 grey, 1 blue but I doubt that matters). Sometimes, it is difficult to get the phone to wake up (meaning the screen won't come on) when a message is received. Pressing either the home button or the power button don't do anything & then 30 seconds or so it will finally wake. Sometimes I can resolve it by long pressing the home button & clearing all the recent apps but most of the time it requires a reboot to resolve.

Anyone else have this issue? And, more importantly, anyone have a solution?
    hmm... it looks like that the problem is somewhere with the proximity sensor. Well, tell me did your device covered under the warranty?? I would say if its covered under the warranty try heading towards the nearest support for fixing it up !
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

But for 2 devices to have the same problem? And both intermittently?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 Active using AC Forums mobile app
    Mine- Sprint: Palm 700p, Palm Treo Pro, HTC Touch, HP Palm Pre, Motorola Admiral, Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G (Jellybean 4.2.2);
    AT&T: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (4.4.2)
    Wife's - Sprint: HP Palm Pre, LG Viper 4G LTE (ICS); Vizio VTAB1008 Tablet (Honeycomb); AT&T: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (4.4.2)
    Daughters' - Nabi2 tablets (ICS)

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.

I am having the same issue and have no idea how to fix it

I just got my 4 Active and I am having this issue also - hoping someone as a quick fix and that I am just doing something wrong