Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Blue lines on left of screen before whole thing turns grey

This has been happening for a month now. If I use my phone too long or have it in a spot exposed to heat, I'll turn the screen on and all these blue lines appear on the left and the screen looks dim and in a matter of 5 seconds the screen turns completely grey with random darker grey lines on it. Usually if I take the battery out and put it back in after 30 seconds or so, the screen goes back to normal. I also noticed the top of the screen is really hot when this happens so I'm assuming it's an issue with overheating. Also, some of the times when I turn it back on the battery gets diminished so sometimes it'll be on 20% and when this happens and I put the battery back in it'll be at like 2% or 5%.

Default Re: Blue lines on left of screen before whole thing turns grey

Quote Originally Posted by michbluhm View Post
    This has been happening for a month now. If I use my phone too long or have it in a spot exposed to heat, I'll turn the screen on and all these blue lines appear on the left and the screen looks dim and in a matter of 5 seconds the screen turns completely grey with random darker grey lines on it. Usually if I take the battery out and put it back in after 30 seconds or so, the screen goes back to normal. I also noticed the top of the screen is really hot when this happens so I'm assuming it's an issue with overheating. Also, some of the times when I turn it back on the battery gets diminished so sometimes it'll be on 20% and when this happens and I put the battery back in it'll be at like 2% or 5%.

Default Re: Blue lines on left of screen before whole thing turns grey

Welcome to Android Central! It sounds like it might be a battery problem, what with the overheating and the sudden drains. Try a new battery