Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Smile Not receiving text messages from verizon customers or able to send picture emails

I was previously on straight talk and decided to upgrade to an Galaxy 4 active, and ported my number over to the new phone. The Galaxy 4 active was a brand new phone (unlocked) through AT & T but never on their service. I cannot receive text messages from Verizon customers and am unable to send e-mail messages with pictures. I am on the unlimited plan through straight talk. An employee at Walmart (in the phone department) helped me to set up the APN settings...I have also contacted Straight Talk. They have told me that I need to contact AT & T....Why??? I have never used them....help. Thank you...

Default Re: Not receiving text messages from verizon customers or able to send picture emails

If its an AT&T phone, then youll have access to their towers. Id suggest going into an AT&T store and have them look through your apn settings and message settings. I had a similar issue and i had them look at my phone and they changed a few things..its worked ever since. Good luck..

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Not receiving text messages from verizon customers or able to send picture emails

Hi,

We apologize for what had happened. To help you with your issue, please check your Inbox for a private message. Thank you!

Straight Talk Wireless
    Last edited by Wireless01; 08-25-2014 at 12:54 PM.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I chatted with someone and had one issue resolved but the chat ended and they told me to contact a representative...I already have.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by phonefrustrations View Post
    I was previously on straight talk and decided to upgrade to an Galaxy 4 active, and ported my number over to the new phone. The Galaxy 4 active was a brand new phone (unlocked) through AT & T but never on their service. I cannot receive text messages from Verizon customers and am unable to send e-mail messages with pictures. I am on the unlimited plan through straight talk. An employee at Walmart (in the phone department) helped me to set up the APN settings...I have also contacted Straight Talk. They have told me that I need to contact AT & T....Why??? I have never used them....help. Thank you...
    I contacted straight talk via chat as suggested and was able to resolve the issue with the email/picture messages..I still can't receive text messages from Verizon customers....frustrated.

Any luck phonefrustrations? I am having the same issue with my galaxy s4 on straight talk. I cannot receive text from Verizon carriers...also frustrated!!!