Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Misery since last big update...

Hi this is my first post. I scoured these forums when I first made the leap from the iPhone back in the fall but have had everything figured out until now. But it seems like just as I finally realized I'd gotten to the point where I could care less what Apple comes out and resolved to stay w/ Samsung phones (even going so far as buying a new Galaxy Tab), the recent updates have ruined my experience!!!

Whatever the big update was a month or two ago that changed the music player and lock screen and the like, it's really played havoc with my battery life and general usability of my phone. It freezes constantly. It heats up in my pocket (in a case or not). And it's just generally flaky. It reminds me of the way I felt when I played around with a friends Droid a few years ago and thinking, "this thing is half baked and no way I'd trade my iPhone for it). Honestly, I STILL don't want to go back to an iPhone because iOS7, while providing many things the iPhone needed, just seems ridiculously counterintuitive when you've grown used to the previous versions.

Any ideas? I don't know where to start. Looking at the battery management setting, nothing new or different seems to be in there. And I don't have anything special done to my phone. I have plenty of apps and a 32 mb sd card... I'd be glad if you said, "Stupid noob, read this thread." Because I just want my phone to work like it previous 8-9 months I had it...

Default Re: Misery since last big update...

Did you do a FDR and did you clear out the Cache? After any major software update it is recommended that you do both.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Misery since last big update...

Thanks for the response but....argh! I have to lose everything to get the phone to work right (maybe) again? Or is there an app? I've had updates before w/ no problem. This one is the only one that has behaved this way...