S4 Active dead in water

Mihai Sas

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, 3 days ago i was with my Samsung s4 active at a pool with some friends..and i put my phone in water to make some photos etc. After 20 mins i've seen that my lcd stop working. I restarted phone 5 or 6 times i think and same. Yesterday i send my mobile at Bucharest because there i bought it and they told me that i need to pay 169$ to repair it... But WTF telephone is water resistent to 1m, and i think i was at maximum 20 cm in water with the telephone. What to do guys? :/ i'm very dissapointed and idk what to do :(

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
This seems to be a common problem with water resistant phones & devices.

First all this is dependent on having all the proper covers, blogs, etc in place and functioning properly. If they are just a little off or worn out then you have water entering and water damage. Second I look at it that your taking a huge risk regardless of the OEM selling and advertising the phone as water resistant up to xxx amount of depth. Time I'm sure plays a factor too that the longer the device is subjected to these conditions the seals and such may tend to give out.

ewa12321

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
It's water resistant to fresh water without strong chemicals. It's not water resistant to sea, pool, ocean water because of salt/chemicals. You haven't read the manual? It's everything there in what water you can put your phone. It's the same with every other water resistant phone on the market, read manuals people

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae