Wifi not working after upgrading to android 5.0.1

Guudoo

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi eveyrone,

After updating my S4 to android 5.0.1, my wifi randomly stopped working after a few days. Things I have tried to fix the issue:

• Rebooting phone after leaving battery out for 30 minutes
  • Rooting phone > deleting wpa_supplicant
  • Restoring phone to factory settings
  • Downloading wifi model fix for rooted phones
  • Cleared cache partition
After doing these things I managed to get my Bluetooth and WiFi hotspot working again, but wifi is unfortunately not working yet..

Please help!

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm sure the problem is as basic as just trying to connect to the Wi-Fi by getting the WPS key. Hopefully that should work. I can't think of anything else.
I also feel sorry for you, that you had to reset your phone and lose everything.

Guudoo

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
I can't even see the networks in range. If I try to switch on wifi, it just goes back to grey immediately. I've tried putting on wifi in other locations aswell, didnt work.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what to do next, sorry. I wonder if there's an issue with the wi-fi radio/antenna.

Guudoo

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
Finally managed to fix it! problem started when upgrading to 5.0.1, rooting 5.0.1 didnt work. I then tried goin back to stock 4.4.2 which didnt work either. Rooting the 4.4.2 somehow fixed my issue. Thanks for the help anyway!

rattyster

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

I have a similar problem.
Allow me to share some background of it so that its clear.

I stay in Mumbai, India. I recently bought a new Samsung Galaxy S4 (Model no. SHV-E300S) while returning from South Korea.

I have been using the phone for a week and it worked fine until a few days ago.
I'm unable to "enable" WiFi on my phone. Whenever I try to turn it on, it gets turned off automatically within a few seconds. Below are the things I tried but none of them seemed to work.

1. Restarted my phone over 10 times. - No success
2. Pulled out the battery while the phone was ON - No success
3. Pressed *#0011# and clicked WiFi in the Menu section and turned off the "Wifi power saving mode" - Worked for 2 days and then again not working
4. Hard Reset my phone - no success (after hard reset, the andoid version still remains as 5.0.0 - may be thats how it was delivered to me)
5. I did not try rooting my phone as I'm unable to do so. Tried Kings Root (through Mobile and through PC) and many other applications but rooting failed everytime.
6. Reset the Wifi settings in the Wifi section of settings - No success
7. Kept Wifi on on during sleep as "Never" - no success

The Wifi button doesnt let me switch it on, and I'm unable to do anything. Please help me with your expertise if anyone has a solution. Please find the details of my phone below:

Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE
Model no. SHV-E300S
Android version: - 5.0.1

Please help......

drywater

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
I know this is an old post, but I ran into this problem today and discovered this fix over at FreedomPop forum: forums.freedompop.com/discussion/11710/how-to-upgrade-to-lollipop-5-0-1-fix-wifi-after-upgrade

Sorry, I can't add links, but that's the address.

Hope it helps some of you!
-Stephen

NikolaSi

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
I find the way. First go to the WiFi options, then press you'r network until menu pop up, then press modify network, then press ipv4 settings and chose static and Write you'r informations, and press save. Hope i'll help you. Sorry for my bad english.

JasonH1972

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem. Every WiFi network is suddenly "not in range," even if I am right next to the router. My computer and other devices are connecting to networks just fine. It's not just at home. My phone will not connect to any network anywhere. I'm running 5.0.1 on an unlocked AT&T phone. Factory reset did not help, nor scouring these threads and reading the trouble-shooting guide. Also tried changing DHCP to "static."

Have never tried rooting a phone but am open to that if there's a simple walkthrough. Between this and multiple "SIM not found" errors, my relationship with Samsung is at a low point. can anyone help? thanks!

sadalla mohamed

May 28, 2016
Visit site
Hi eveyrone,

After updating my S4 to android 5.0.1, my wifi randomly stopped working after a few days. Things I have tried to fix the issue:

• Rebooting phone after leaving battery out for 30 minutes
  • Rooting phone > deleting wpa_supplicant
  • Restoring phone to factory settings
  • Downloading wifi model fix for rooted phones
  • Cleared cache partition
After doing these things I managed to get my Bluetooth and WiFi hotspot working again, but wifi is unfortunately not working yet..

Please help!